AVS Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm thinking of using a Panamorph A480 anamorphic lens or equivalent with my JVC HD750 projector. Anyone know where I can get the best deal? Or can anyone suggest a comparable lens?

·
Premium Member
4,886 Posts
Try giving AVS a call. They sell Panamorph and Prismasonic and I believe they also sell the ISCO.

·
Registered
2,836 Posts
You might want to buy from AVS forum or panamorph directly. If you go with a ISCO....be ready to pay about 9k.

·
Premium Member
1,032 Posts
Your JVC dealer can get one as well JVC offers it with there projectors.

·
Registered
2,969 Posts
If you buy an anamorphic lens be prepared for it to lose its value when 2.35 projectors hit the market.

·
Registered
8,958 Posts
And when exactly will that be? In case you've not followed the thread in the +$20K forum, members turned to discussing 3D because they got bored waiting for the suposed 2 companies doing this.

·
Scott Horton, techht.com
5,747 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbase1 /forum/post/18193902

You might want to buy from AVS forum or panamorph directly. If you go with a ISCO....be ready to pay about 9k.

They do not street for anywhere near that through AVS.

·
Premium Member
2,787 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franin /forum/post/18201316

are they much cheaper ?

Yes. I mean no. Wait, what?

·
Scott Horton, techht.com
5,747 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franin /forum/post/18201316

are they much cheaper ?

Ask Jason. Any savvy shopper can do much better than the inflated list price, just have to make an effort. I've explained that before I think, even to AU.

·
Premium Member
7,399 Posts
The ISCO is made in Germany. Its price is tied to the Euro, which has been quite high in the past couple years but with all that is going on in Greece and how it affects the exchange rates, we should see better pricing on the ISCO lenses.

·
Scott Horton, techht.com
5,747 Posts
Mike: You are right that we should, and I hope we do. But the landscape there (at Isco) has changed since you dealt with them. Now Schneider is driving, Isco is a division, OEM shipping is out of CA,USA most of the time (occasionally direct from Germany), and their prices are fairly set. It used to be the pricing fluctuated almost like the stock market (with the excange rate). Now they keep them pretty stable. Medium term anyway I don't think they will budge. There was a price increase back in Sept, hit me in Jan, and I hope it at least moves back to the last pre-increase levels as we absorbed most of it. But, the list prices are no where near the street prices for AVS type enthusiasts making an effort to look for deals. They still aren't cheap by any means, but not anywhere near $9k.

Cheers, Scott

·
Registered
2,836 Posts
It's good to hear the " MSRP on lens (only) is now $8913." is dropping.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts