AVS Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was looking at upgrading my projector was exploring different options and saw all there budget Projector claiming the anamorphic mode , but once I go into the details in the specs , they mention that it will be used with an Anamorphic lens .

Isnt that a little misleading ? , I mean what do they mean by Anamorphic Mode if you need the external lens anyway ...

Am I missing something here ...

Epson 7500 model is one of the examples ...

·
Registered
107 Posts
It means that the projector can do the zoom mode needed to use an anamorphic lens without having an external scaler. Vertical stretch or horizontal squeeze. There is more to this but it is what you were missing.

·
Registered
310 Posts
Not a myth, the projector will scale picture to use all of the pixels....image will be squished and a lens can then be used to correct the image. Without this mode, a projector will only use a portion of the available pixels for the image and will have black bars on the top and bottom

·
Registered
2,144 Posts

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
This OP should rename this topic to "I don't understand what anamorphic is and how to to create a relevant topic subject that actually relates to my problem."

·
Registered
827 Posts
Come on, give him a break. He could not understand what is meant by Anamorphic mode, and asking a question here. I thought that's why we are all here, to seek answers and learn. No need to tear him down for that.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Well, I guess you guys knew everything from the start and didnt need to ask questions..Good for you. Now, maybe you can stop being jerks and do what this site is meant to do and help someone that doesnt understand something. If you cant help him, then just dont say anything. It seemed like a legitimate question to me and one that i have been curious about also.

·
Registered
1,765 Posts
I wasn't actually ripping into the OP, just taking advantage of a golden opportunity...this site is also intended to be fun...

In any case, no offense intended, Ravi. Just wanted to point out my ignorance of the female anatomy (and physics, chemistry, etc.).

·
Registered
866 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by prime21 /forum/post/16948732

Well, I guess you guys knew everything from the start and didnt need to ask questions..Good for you. Now, maybe you can stop being jerks and do what this site is meant to do and help someone that doesnt understand something. If you cant help him, then just dont say anything. It seemed like a legitimate question to me and one that i have been curious about also.

It seemed like the original poster didn't understand something, then came out with guns blazing, calling it a 'myth.' I think some good natured ribbing isn't out of line.

·
Registered
133 Posts
if it was all in fun then i apologize. I just get tired of seeing people get ripped for asking a question that they dont know. (which is what this site is all about) I have learned many many things on this site and i hope many others do the same. I just dont want the site to lose its integrity because people are afraid to ask questions due to getting their asses ripped by some know it all. (not saying that's you guys) I understand a good joke and some ribbing and it being a fun site. It just didnt seem that way to me and thats why i made the comment i did. Once again i apologize if i crossed the line.

·
Registered
2,505 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by prime21 /forum/post/16958033

if it was all in fun then i apologize. I just get tired of seeing people get ripped for asking a question that they dont know. (which is what this site is all about) I have learned many many things on this site and i hope many others do the same. I just dont want the site to lose its integrity because people are afraid to ask questions due to getting their asses ripped by some know it all. (not saying that's you guys) I understand a good joke and some ribbing and it being a fun site. It just didnt seem that way to me and thats why i made the comment i did. Once again i apologize if i crossed the line.

You are not getting ripped for asking a question. Simply for the title of your thread. If you had said - can someone explain Anamorphic mode then you would most likely not have had anyone even attempting a joke......

1 - 14 of 14 Posts