AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,099 Posts
I think the biggest problem with this solution is the need for a curved screen.

·
Registered
5,132 Posts
The reason for curve screen suggestion is to correct pincushioning which most anamorphinc lenses have. Isco will have some too. Depending your throw ratio, the pincushioning may not be that bad which can be masked off ad edges. LT150 is very short throw and will not work with this lens yet. They are making a model to work with the shorter throw PJ with wider aperture intake specifically for Davis and LT150 type of PJ. The current lens will only work with the longer throw PJ like the Eiki and NEC VT440. The forum is very well moderated and responded. It gives a lot more info. on this lens. My summary from reading their forum are:

1) Current lens is ready to ship next week for $490 EUROs with shipping to US being $46 EURO (6-14 days shipping time).

2) It's made of plastic without any optical coatings to save cost. It's about 2# in weight. It has an arm that allows it to swing out of the way. It has screw adjustment of prism also for 4:3 or 16:9 ratio. It's made outside of the company but they assemble and warranty it for 1 year.

3) They are testing new lenses for shorter throw and new lenses should be ready to ship in 1-2 months. They are specifically testing the Davis DLP line and LT150 type of short throw PJ.

4) Curved screen is recommended but not absolutely necessary if you can mask pincushioning off (depending on throw will vary distortion severity).

5) There is some light loss but this is made up by 33% increase in resolution and entire panel usage--which make the brightness being the same as without the lens. They did not improve brightness of lens as they feel that people want better blacks (grayscreen, ND filters, etc.)

6) They answer emails, forum posts, and your questions a lot faster and more attentive than Cygnus ever did.

7) It's a cheaper alternative albeit at lesser quality than current anamorphic choices (Isco I, Isco II, elusive Panamorph).

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.