Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I am having trouble displaying correctly an anamorphic image from my DVD player. I can't seem to reduce the V size enough (using RGB size on my Sony 1271). Is anyone else displaying an anamorphic signal correctly and how did you do it...

I can size up the correct aspect ratio if I make my DVD player output a 4:3 letterboxed, but I would prefer to have it output 16:9 and do the squeezing in the PJ setup...

thanks for any suggestion

·
Registered
8,079 Posts
Have you got horizontal SIZE and horizontal RGB SIZE maxed out as well? My old 1251 would do anamorphic no worries, when the horizontal sizes were at max.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ahh!, now I have to re-think my distances for the projector, that has pushed it way of my screen length...

·
Registered
204 Posts
Yeah, you need to spread the horizontal out first. I'm running 80x45 with 242 on horizontal, 7 on vertical (1251). Hope that helps.

Steve

·
Registered
47 Posts
I used to have a 1271 and I could never shrink the image vertically enough to be a true 16x9. This is true with any 1271 and I believe any 12x pj. You either need to blank it or optionally use an HTPC for dvd/hdtv playback. With the HTPC, you have more control over the picture size. You might find more on this issue in the archives. Good luck

Brad

·
Registered
9,538 Posts
bchamber,

It's true that sometimes a HTPC can help you stretch the horizontal size with porch settings but.. there is a pot labeled rv104 that lets you expand the horizontal raster right out to the edges of the tube and (though you wouldn't want to) beyond.

My 1271 is set for true 16:9 shape and the vertical size is still 19.

=Brian

·
Registered
204 Posts
I never messed with an rv104 pot, but I do use the VB50 at 800x600, so I'm probably not a good gauge on whether or not the 12xx's can do 16x9 or not. I never tried it the short time I was using S-video, and it just never occurred to me that I shouldn't be able to get 16x9 because at the 800x600 I can. Sorry I didn't think about the fact I was using a "scaler."

Steve

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.