AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just purchased the Panny CT32HX40 and after trying a few things I'm not so sure how I can tell if the set is in letterbox or is actually doing the squeeze. I'm under the impression that it is automatic, but...

1. Do I need to set my DVD player to 16:9 or leave it at 4:3?

2. Is my Dish6000->[componentHD] feeding the set a letterboxed signal or is the set squeezing it?

3. In the Panny setup do I can change the aspect ration to Auto (I'm assuming the "squeeze" ID happens here), 4:3, or 16:9. If I set it to 16:9 is the set forcing the raster squeeze or just letterboxing?

This is probably very straight forward, but after trying different things, I'm starting to feel like I'm second guessing on this...

Thanks for any info on this, Kirk

·
Registered
1,500 Posts
I don't really know this set, but the DVD player should definitely be set to 16:9. I'm guessing that you should set the TV to 'auto'.

------------------

John Golitsis

Next Big Thing Electronics

Mississauga, Ontario, Canada
www.nbtelectronics.com

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Quote:
Originally posted by JohnnyG:
I don't really know this set, but the DVD player should definitely be set to 16:9. I'm guessing that you should set the TV to 'auto'.

Thanks! That is what I was thinking, but after playing a couple of different anamorphic disks I came across one that didn't squeeze. Maybe the detection didn't work. Anyway this had me doubting myself, so it's good to get anothers opinion.

I'll do some more playing tonight. Thanks, Kirk

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.