AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
647 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Over the weekend my son (10yrs old) and I did a major geometry and re convergence on our 4x3 Toshiba tn61x81 on the HD section. After all is said and done it came out great...

But, did I screw up(waste my time), should I have done the Anamorphic squeeze, what is the best way to show DVD's correctly below is my setup:

800Mhz Athlon

GeForce MX (scope calibrated, thanks Cliff)

WinDVD 2.3 patched to 2.6

PowerStrip 3 running 960x540p

AA960 converter

I think but not sure, if I lock the aspect ratio in WinDVD then will I be ok?

Also, the only way I can get the TV to sync is to run 31.6Khz and 56Hz if I try the "correct" frequency's then the tv will not sync and I get no picture. I want to put the scope on this and measure this from the video card as well as the Audio Authority converter. Has anybody else had an issue with this, I'm thinking that between the video card and the AA960 converter, could the converter be changing the frequency that is being sent to the TV? If both of these check out ok then, maybe I need to put a call into to Toshiba for a service call on the TV.

Any and all help would be appreciated greatly.

------------------

John
My Home Theater

·
Registered
332 Posts

·
Registered
9,884 Posts
John -

If you are using an HTPC you might find more info in that forum. Especially check out Mark Rehjon's Definitive Guide to Custom Resolutions .

On my TN55X81 I didn't want to squash the desktop too bad and lose my big screen browser space. I'm currently trying a sort of compromise squeeze involving a 1440x480p resolution inside of 540p timings for DVD, and 960x544p for the desktop.

- Tom

------------------
Getting started with HTPC:
HTPC FAQ , DScaler , Xcel's Links , and
The Anti-DMCA Website .
s>
And Free Dmitri Sklyarovs>

·
Registered
647 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Bump...

What is the benefit of anamorphic squeeze???

------------------

John
My Home Theater

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.