AVS Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My father recently showed me an old turntable which seems to work okay but I am unable to source the correct speaker jack or plug to fit into it.

The record player is called a "Rolls Hi Fi Solid State Stereo" and on the edge of the lid it says "Executant".

I am guessing it is about 40 years old.

I wasn't able to take a photo at the time but the female receptor on the back of the unit is round and has three holes in line with the two outer holes being slightly larger.

The two outer holes have a vertical slit through them.

If my description is too lousy I can try and upload a photo later in the week.

thanks

·
Registered
367 Posts
In line straight across the center, or in line around the edge of the circle? Are the slits the width of the hole, or are the slits smaller/narrower than the large holes? Picture would make this 1000% easier. It's also a problem because 3 holes doesn't mean all 3 were used. Do the holes look like the correct size for banana plugs?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The three holes are in line horizontally and the vertical slits are only paper thin.

Yes your right about the photo and if this doesn't help I will come back with a photo later in the week.

The holes look too small for a banana plug. The centre hole is a smaller diameter and its possible this hole is not used. I could definitely see metal in the two outside holes.

·
Registered
6,908 Posts
Does it look like this??

Or this??

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks Cavu,

I don't think they look right. I have only seen the female bit on the back of the unit. It looks like the speaker plug would have to be round and the two or three pins would be horizontal and in line.

I have tried wikepedia and had a good google.

I will come back with a photo.

thanks anyway!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.