AVS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 70 Posts

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
**NEW PICS ARE AT THE END OF THE THREAD**

Hi all,

First off, congrats to all the great setups on here. Secondly, my setup is very modest compare to some of the awesomeness on this thread. Lastly, everything I have except for the PS3 and the tv was bought second-hand.

Like many others, this is only the beginning of the pursuit of satisfaction...

(yeah right, "satisfaction").

After I replace my two subs, a nice black accent wall (behind tv) and some dark grey for the rest.

Anthem MRX 300
Cheap 65" LED TV
Sony BDP S5100
HTPC
Pioneer PD-F407

Athena Technology,

AS-F2 (front)
AS-F1 (cntr)
AS-F1 (srrnd)
AS-B1 (srrnd back)

SVS NSD-12 duals

[/B]

·
Registered
4,387 Posts
Very sweet looking setup! You would never know most stuff was second hand it looks new. Good job.

·
Registered
4,572 Posts
Very sweet looking set up, bet it sounds great!!

·
Registered
1,792 Posts
It is a very classy looking room. Congrats!

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
That's a great picture!!! You must have had great bottom with that sub! lol

·
Registered
3,557 Posts
I'm going to assume that was the idea of a significant other? "Can't you just put all that stuff in the corner?".

Great setup btw, love the speakers.

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcweber111 /forum/post/21298516

I'm going to assume that was the idea of a significant other? "Can't you just put all that stuff in the corner?".

Great setup btw, love the speakers.

rmotfl
. You could not be more right!!. Time has changed though, now she enjoys it with me and sometimes ask me to turn it louder.

Thanks, I like the speakers too. very good bang for the buck.

·
Registered
2,067 Posts
always a pleasure to see another Athena owner. Not sure if your current layout would allow it, but I found the center to sound a lot better placed vertically above the tv. This widened the sweet spot for the center.

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by teckademic /forum/post/21301615

always a pleasure to see another Athena owner. Not sure if your current layout would allow it, but I found the center to sound a lot better placed vertically above the tv. This widened the sweet spot for the center.

You are correct and yes I did think about it. What I'm really looking for is another set of F1. I would like to use 1 of them for my center, mount the tv on the wall, and have to small audio rack on each side of the F1 for my equipment. I think that would be ideal. The C1 as a hard time keeping up with the F2s. For now, I angled the C1 upward (with an old remote
) and find that to be slightly better.

cheers

·
Registered
237 Posts
Nice Setup!

I currently have a 55 inch Vizio XVT which has an amazing picture for the price i am actually really happy with it.

Up Front I have a BIC America DV-62CLRS

The L/R are Niles audio in ceiling speakers

the rears are mono price 6.5 in ceilings

and my Sub is a F12.

I love my setup and it is really economical and blends into the room really well. It is almost a surprise system since it doesnt look like much with so much being in ceiling but it definitely is a good system. Is it the best money can buy? nope but I don't need it to be.

I originally was using a Nile Audio in ceiling center channel but i didnt like the way that sounded, and switched to the BIC America Center

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by mxpx5678 /forum/post/21310316

Nice Setup!

I currently have a 55 inch Vizio XVT which has an amazing picture for the price i am actually really happy with it.

Up Front I have a BIC America DV-62CLRS

The L/R are Niles audio in ceiling speakers

the rears are mono price 6.5 in ceilings

and my Sub is a F12.

I love my setup and it is really economical and blends into the room really well. It is almost a surprise system since it doesn't look like much with so much being in ceiling but it definitely is a good system. Is it the best money can buy? nope but I don't need it to be.

I originally was using a Nile Audio in ceiling center channel but i didn't like the way that sounded, and switched to the BIC America Center

Nice! You're right, one doesn't need to spend thousands of dollars to have some fun with a system. I bought all my speakers second hands and for me, I would be hard press to find better value.

Got to warn you though, don't think for a second that you're not going to get bit with upgraditis

·
Registered
237 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jproy13 /forum/post/21310488

Nice! You're right, one doesn't need to spend thousands of dollars to have some fun with a system. I bought all my speakers second hands and for me, I would be hard press to find better value.

Got to warn you though, don't think for a second that you're not going to get bit with upgraditis

Well this is my second system. My first one was a Onkyo with middle of the road sony speakers, this one sounds so much more amazing. Oh also my current AVR is a Denon 591. And my current blu ray player is a sony I got at costco it works great and has usable internet apps.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Wicked setup jproy! Nice lighting too.

·
Registered
2,067 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jproy13 /forum/post/21301831

You are correct and yes I did think about it. What I'm really looking for is another set of F1. I would like to use 1 of them for my center, mount the tv on the wall, and have to small audio rack on each side of the F1 for my equipment. I think that would be ideal. The C1 as a hard time keeping up with the F2s. For now, I angled the C1 upward (with an old remote
) and find that to be slightly better.

cheers

Yea, I wish they would of made a superior center channel to match the f2s.

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Thanks for your comment everybody!! It's always fun to read what ppl that share a similar interest than you have to say about what you're doing. I really appreciate it.

I was told by my sweet half that when we're done painting and redecorating the master bedroom, we can repaint and decor the basement, any color I want
. I also showed her pics from this forum with acoustic treatments and some of you did such a wonderful job that I can put as many as I want as long as it looks good like some of yours.

I've never been so motivated to shop for decor and furniture and paint in a long while.

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
Discussion Starter #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by teckademic /forum/post/21317404

http://www.gikacoustics.com/gik_artpanel.html check them out if you haven't for some ideas. I don't have any art panels, but I do have some of the basic black panels and they made a huge improvement in my living room.

neat! But I think the shipping and the duties would cost almost as much as the panels.

1 - 20 of 70 Posts