AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
410 Posts
Nakamichi's got one too. Haven't heard any of them yet, but I'd be interested in hearing it. It would great for my parents.

·
Registered
1,518 Posts
WOW!! A 4 inch subwoofer built-in! Amazing stuff.

I bet it easily hits 20Hz at 100dB.

:)

·
Registered
253 Posts
They may have something here. I would not say Bose is worthless... just way, way, way, overpriced.

If these guys offer comparable to or better SQ than Bose at what it's really worth they just might take some market share.

·
Registered
278 Posts
Steve609,

People's comparisons to Bose, etc., are a bit unfair... (though perfectly understandable). Just because it offers simplicity and decent sound in a simple package doesn't mean quality will be low. It looks like they have been reviewed by Wayne Garcia on AVGuide, which is the web site for The Absolute Sound and The Perfect Vision. If you follow the link from the soundmatters web site to download the review, then sign up at AVGuide, you will be able to download it free.

At that price and for what you want, this may be just the right speaker "system", so don't be scared off by some of the mildly disparaging comments from people in this thread who have never heard it.

Aaron

·
Registered
7,635 Posts
Actually, if you don't want to put a receiver in your bedroom and just want better sound, then I might look into computer speakers like the Logitech Z680 package which have gotten good reviews. Hook it up to RCA or Optical audio outputs from your TV or cablebox. All the power and connections come from the sub box. Just stick the subwoofer under your bed, out of the way.

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg...s&vi=tech-data

I'm sure there are more options out there as well. But I can promise you that the Logitech system will sound 10x better than that 4" ported subwoofer. :)

Quote:
The bass pumps through the Z-680’s 188-watt subwoofer. Four 62-watt satellites and a 69-watt center channel provide crystal-clear midrange and highs.

The Z-680 includes built-in Dolby Digital and DTS hardware decoding. Connect the Z-680 directly to a PC sound card, Xbox, PlayStation2, DVD player, satellite receiver, or other Dolby-ready source and get true surround sound. You can also get 5.1 surround sound from a stereo input through the advanced Dolby Pro Logic II system. You can also connect up to four audio sources simultaneously, while accessing each one at the touch of a button.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.