AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, it's done. Wrote the check, shook the hand, and I'll have the system here next week sometime.

Here's the rundown:

RPTV - Mits 73" WS373909

Receiver - Denon AVR4802

DVD - Denon DVD-2800

Speakers - Definitive BP3000TL (2), Definitive C/L/R3000, Definitive BPVX/P (2)

So, umm...how'd I do?

Personally, I liked what I heard and the sales guy was able to talk me away from the Elite's to go with the Denon's. I dunno...I'm still floating back down I guess....oh well, can't wait to see it in the living room. I'll probably wet myself.

·
Registered
2,250 Posts
Jay,

Did you get the DVD-2800 MkII? This new unit uses the Sil504 chipset which has improved de-interlacing over the older Sil503 in the original 2800. The new one also fixed the chroma bug I believe. The price for the MkII is the same as the original.

-phil

·
Registered
912 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Jay_Scott
Well, it's done. Wrote the check, shook the hand, and I'll have the system here next week sometime.

Here's the rundown:

RPTV - Mits 73" WS373909

Receiver - Denon AVR4802

DVD - Denon DVD-2800

Speakers - Definitive BP3000TL (2), Definitive C/L/R3000, Definitive BPVX/P (2)

So, umm...how'd I do?
Jay, I would say you did very well. That Mitsubishi RPTV is probably the most desired RPTV here on AVS Forum. It's a favorite of many ISF techs as well! The Denon is solid of course. I have Definitive Technology speakers as well and I love them. As I tell my pals, I didn't buy them for the powered subs, I buy them for those incredible soundtracks with great midbass and high notes.

Great job, bro! Enjoy your setup!

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
PhilB -

It doesn't say anything about it being an MKII. I know it's a Denon DVD-2800. If it is the older version maybe I can pick up an upgrade or exchange it for the newer one....

McPatrickClan -

Thanks. I'm glad I got something good. I was a little worried not seeing hardly anything on the forums in the way of DefTech, but it looks like I did well.

·
Registered
912 Posts
Jay, you should LOVE your new speakers. The customer service is very reasonable at D.T. (they are based in Baltimore, I believe) and that RPTV is the crown jewel of many homes.

Get ready to enjoy some amazing home theater!

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well, I really look forward to the speakers and that big ass screen, but I am already worried about the DVD player.

Apparently the Denon DVD-2800 has that "Chroma Bug". Well, the 2800 MK2 fixed the bug, supposedly and it's only about $50 more.

Here's the other problem. I checked the Denon website and it has the 2800 listed with a far less price than what it was sold to me for. Then again, he did knock off about $400 on those speakers. I think I'll be satisfied with the player so long as I get the upgrade, but it sucks to see the price already down on the player as well. I suppose it's an okay compensation what with the low price on the speakers, but anyway. Just thought I'd vent.

~Jay

·
Registered
13,771 Posts
What did you pay for your Mitsu? Are you going to have them adjust it to get rid of the Red Push the sets suffers from?

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Quote:
Originally posted by Matt_Stevens
What did you pay for your Mitsu? Are you going to have them adjust it to get rid of the Red Push the sets suffers from?
About 8 grand on the Mits, and yeah, I am going to have them adjust it or do it myself with that thing from Radio Shack everyone talks about.

·
Registered
5,000 Posts
I like how they deleted my post when I said "if you don't mind how large was the check?"

Oh the mods are gods sometimes. When online.

-ELmO

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hmm...that is kind of interesting, I mean....I didn't mind telling you honestly, but oh well. Did you ever see my reply, cause they seem to have taken that off too?

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Correction....I just talked to the sales guy I bought all my stuff from and he did sell me the Denon DVD-3800. They didn't have it in stock nor did they have any reading material on it as well so he gave us the 2800 flyer instead...hence my confusion. Sorry about that.

·
Registered
912 Posts
Jay, that's good news. That damned chroma bug can be a real pain if you develop an eye for it. I once sold a 3-week old Samsung player on EBay to get rid of the chroma bug.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.