AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So who liked Anger Management? It had me laughing a few times.

·
Registered
976 Posts
For a renter, not bad. PQ was outstanding in places, but as usual EE rears its ugly head.

I liked the commentary (goofy as it was). They explain how they were able to shoot in New York, and what's fake (cgi) on the screen.

Glad that Adam Sandler did not attempt to do a rip-off of his character in Punch Drunk Love. Totally different animal, here.

The ending was novel enough that you'll find it hard to guess. That's a good attribute in a screenplay.

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
/westsidestory mode on

I feel pretty , yes so pretty ...............

/westsidestory mode off. :D

I really enjoyed this movie!

·
Registered
1,759 Posts
My whole family loved this movie also. Jack N continues to astound me with his talent. And Adam S. was also very good.

Jon

·
23,032 Posts
I enjoyed the movie and laughed out loud a couple times. But, overall,

this a just a renter for me. I thought JN did ok, but he has done much

better. He just seemed to be going through the motions. And,

after Punch Drunk Love, this is definitely a step back for AS. John

Turturro and Luis Guzman (what a wardrobe!!) stole the show, IMHO.

larry

·
Registered
1,223 Posts
It was better than what i expected good laugh for 2 hours...

Jack rules.

·
Registered
1,715 Posts
Well, here's a bad one from an amateur. This movie is bad. There are some funny parts and it is probably worht a rental but what an unfortunate step backwards for Sandler after the legitimately brilliant Punch-Drunk Love.

·
Registered
154 Posts
We had about six guests over to our new theater for this one. I think it added to the fun - laughter is definetly contagious. The whole room was roaring a few times.

The tennis ball! ROTFLMAO! :)

·
Registered
1,293 Posts
I liked it. It had it's fair share of really cheap stupid jokes to roll your eyes at, but I think the good outweighed the bad. It was infinitely better than Mr. Deeds, which may have been the worst Sandler movie I've seen and I am not really a fan of his to begin with.

·
23,032 Posts
There are worse Sandler movies than Mr. Deeds. Mr. Deeds

was another movie where John Turturro made it "worth the watch".

larry

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
My wife and I enjoyed it. Not what I expected. Some parts had me laughing pretty hard. Helps that I like Jack and Adam and I thought they worked great together here.

Herm

·
Registered
32 Posts
Lady In Red [restaurant/bar scene] (an uncedited Heather Graham) , need I say more?

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I thought the cameos by Bobby Knight, John McEnroe, and Roger Clemens was a hoot.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Ed Csoltko
I thought the cameos by Bobby Knight, John McEnroe, and Roger Clemens was a hoot.
Dont forget Derik Jeter and Rudy Gulianni

·
Registered
5,003 Posts
Didn't thinkI would, but I did enjoy this one...it was a nice surprise! Several laugh out louds, and many scenes of better than average acting! I'm quickly becoming a fan of Turturro, now he is talented!

Agree with much of the above comments.

·
Registered
66 Posts
This was ok as a Netflix rental, but I won't be buying it. I think JN and AS have both done alot better work.

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Close your eyes, take a deep breath – say g-o-o-s-f-r-a-b-a slowly. One more time. And again. See how relaxing you feel. This is the mantra for managing anger.

·
Registered
493 Posts
One of my favorite parts was when the guy with the Iverson jersey started screaming: "You gotta dunk that ****! You gotta dunk that ****!" lol

Overall this is one of my favorite Sandler comedies. The third act is horrible though. I believe they could have come up with something better. It felt like the movie gave up and went for an easy conclusion. If it weren't for the disappointing third act I'd buy this in a heartbeat. However, I may consider it later down the road when the rest of my collection is complete.

·
Registered
6,653 Posts
Better than I thought it would be...Jack was very funny! Some really bad EE however, anyone notice the halos on peoples' mouths that made them look like they were wearing an orthodontic retainer? :eek:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.