AVS Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
701 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Several months ago I saw a posting in the Power Buy section of the site for some wooden stands (for lack of a better word) that go under the center channel to angle it. I think they came in pairs. They were made out of wood and looked hand crafted. These weren't stands in the sense of something that goes on the floor and holds up the entire center speaker. It was more for if you had the center speaker already on a flat surface, it would angle it up. Each bracket was probably 1' deep or so, but the width was probably only 2-3" and the height was maybe 8-10" or so

Sorry that I can't describe it any better than that. Anyone know what I'm talking about and where I can find it?

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
Are you trying to angle the center towards your listening position. If so would the Lovan M2 Center stand work for you? Check that one out.

·
Registered
701 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, Sherardp. That did come up in my Google searches, but it wasn't the one I had seen months ago on AVS. It does look pretty close to what I need, so I may just get that. I already have a platform that I set the center channel on, so I'll need to measure whether having both my existing platform + this stand (which is 8" tall) will be too high and start blocking the screen.

I could consider replacing my existing stand and only using this, but my wife likes the fact that it's easy to vacuum under the current one.

·
Registered
701 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yes, I think so. The ones I saw were wood, and the ones in that thread look black (perhaps just painted?) but I think it's the same idea. Do you know what those are called?

·
Registered
2,394 Posts
those are foam. and i can't remember who makes em

someone will fill ya in shortly.

·
Registered
701 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks, Fabricator!

It appears that these tilt the speaker downward (unless I put them on backward) and the angles aren't adjustable, so this may not work for me. I'll have to figure out the angle tilt I need and compare with this.

·
Premium Member
26,233 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by dla26 /forum/post/18225773

Thanks, Fabricator!

It appears that these tilt the speaker downward (unless I put them on backward) and the angles aren't adjustable, so this may not work for me. I'll have to figure out the angle tilt I need and compare with this.

I use these and you are correct, you reverse them for an up tilt angle. THey also have slivers of foam (not pictured, but come with them) to change your degree of tilt.

·
Registered
701 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks again. Really appreciate all of this advice.

Do you know what the angle is? I calculated yesterday (using very rusty Trigonometry from high school
) that I need about a 10 degree lift. I checked the website, but couldn't find out that info.

·
Registered
2,394 Posts
no problem

·
Registered
701 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Quick update - I found the MoPads on Amazon, where it said they provide an 8 degree lift. Close enough!
Not only are the MoPads cheaper (the thing I was looking for was around $100-$150), but it sounds like these will do more to improve the sound quality.

Thanks again!

·
Premium Member
26,233 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by dla26 /forum/post/18232724

Quick update - I found the MoPads on Amazon, where it said they provide an 8 degree lift. Close enough!
Not only are the MoPads cheaper (the thing I was looking for was around $100-$150), but it sounds like these will do more to improve the sound quality.

Thanks again!

Did you ever find the other product? If so, what was the name of the cc tilts?

·
Registered
5,017 Posts
ok cool! do you work at microsoft?

·
Registered
528 Posts
 This may not be exactly what you're looking for but it's performed very well for me. It's also fairly inexpensive which, in this case, is just a nice bonus.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts