AVS Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone I was hoping you would help me out. I recently bought a 55nx810 led tv and I am experiencing screen uniformity. I am offered the chance to swap it out for a vt25 plasma. I have always just owned a lcd/led and to be honest I am a bit hesitant to get a plasma. My fiancee was wondering how animated movies are going to look on a plasma such as wall-e and toy story 3 compared to a LED. I know from what I have read that plasmas produce the best blacks and most realistic colors but from 2 people that have always owned a lcd we are a bit worried. Should we be or are we in for a treat? thanks

·
Registered
2,392 Posts
You will probably need a little used-to as LCD colors are more "vibrant" while plasma are more natural. Ladies generally like the LCD colors. But after a while plasma tends to be easier on the eyes. If possible see if you can find a showroom with more realistic ie home ambient lighting that you can try watching a plasma and see if you like it

·
Registered
88 Posts
Personal preference IMO.

I'm not a fan of LCD's but...to be honest...I think they look pretty good on animated movies.

That's about it. Plasma is noticeably better at everything else IMO...and the VT25 is a very good one.

·
Registered
1,189 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by lforigno /forum/post/19573741

Hello everyone I was hoping you would help me out. I recently bought a 55nx810 led tv and I am experiencing screen uniformity. I am offered the chance to swap it out for a vt25 plasma. I have always just owned a lcd/led and to be honest I am a bit hesitant to get a plasma. My fiancee was wondering how animated movies are going to look on a plasma such as wall-e and toy story 3 compared to a LED. I know from what I have read that plasmas produce the best blacks and most realistic colors but from 2 people that have always owned a lcd we are a bit worried. Should we be or are we in for a treat? thanks

Remember, its pretty generic information that most of these magazines, stores and websites give out about Led/lcd vs. Plasma.

Some plasmas have terrible colors compared to some LEDs, and Vice Versa.

Some plasmas blacks are no better or worse then some LEDs, and Vice Versa.

It all have to do with the quality of the particular brand and model.

The flagship LEDs from top tier brands are very impressive, and so are the flagship PLASMAs from top tier brands.

Its the low to mid tier brands and models that vary greatly. You have to do your homework and read reviews.

Most Bravias are pretty great sets, are you sure yours is not defective??

·
Registered
10 Posts
Just watched Family guy and Simpsons on my PN50C800 last night and it looked freaking fantastic. I had no idea those shows could look soo good.

The VT25's are great sets and for a plasma will provide the punchier, over-saturated colors that you are accustomed to viewing.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
thanks I was able to exchange the sony for the panasonic vt25 today and yes my sony was defective, but I actually prefer the look of this plasma comapared to my old edge lit 55nx810.

·
Registered
518 Posts
We started with plasma, got an LCD because the wife liked the look, then got a Samsung 58 inch plasma. We use Toy Story, Wall-e, Up and Transformers as our litmus test to how good the picture is. Except for LCD's being "brighter" we prefer the plasmas better. Hope you enjoy your new vt25 as much!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts