1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everybody;)

I'm a newbie,

I introduce myself for the first time:

I 'm from Italy and I'm a student of Engineering....

Let's go straight to the question.

Did anybody notice problems, with your crt proj. while displaying anime DVDs?

I noticed that image suffered of much less definition, than the one from common live based DVDs.

Other prob is that panning isn't smooth too :mad: in that kind of DVDs.

Any suggestions?

I noticed the same problem using different software players as Cineplayer 4.0, windvd 3.1.

The image is some kind out of focus like, only displaying ANIME DVDs, any other DVDs works fine, even Disney's! last played METROPOLIS, that is great playing by stand alone DVD player Philips 712 (RGB connected) and also by PS2!!!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Hi Alby,

I notice the same problem here.

Also, colors look kind of washed-out with my pj compared to the same DVD played through a TV set.

Like you, the problem affects only Anime DVDs.

Any hints anybody?

ciao

Marco (Sax)

·
Registered
35 Posts
Very strange...the one anime-title that DOESN´T look very sharp and colorful on my CRT is Metropolis. Now I have to say that I haven´t tweaked the picture-adjustments yet, but things like Vampire Hunter D: Bloodlust, Akira LE and Princess Mononoke look wonderful on my BarcoVision 700HQ. Anime-series are a different story, though. They are more optimized for TV-interlaced viewing and do not get better on the big screen (still very watchable). Some new series look good. Every Tuesday of the week an ´anime-collector´-friend and I watch a couple of hours of anime (not all on the CRT) and we saw some degredation in quality with a couple of series, but al lot of improvement on the CRT for anime-films.

Still, I want to add that is a well known fact that anime suffers from A LOT of bad transfers, but it is not and shouldn´t be generic for ALL anime.

Bandai and Pioneer are two anime-publishers with very good transfers.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by [email protected]
Hello everybody;)

Other prob is that panning isn't smooth too :mad: in that kind of DVDs.

Any suggestions?

I noticed the same problem using different software players as Cineplayer 4.0, windvd 3.1.

The image is some kind out of focus like, only displaying ANIME DVDs, any other DVDs works fine, even Disney's! last played METROPOLIS, that is great playing by stand alone DVD player Philips 712 (RGB connected) and also by PS2!!!
Hi, I have >300 code1 anime dvds and watch them on a sony 1292. Since 99% of these dvds are interlaced (even though they shouldn't be) it's hard to make them progressive! Software players can NOT deinterlace well, only hardware chips like the Sage FLI2200 can do it at a reasonable cost with pretty good results.

If you have a YUV input you can get any FLI2200 based player... see player forum. If you only have progressive RBGHV input you need a player with VGA out... the Skyworth and Nintaus are two examples of those.

I recommend you read through this forum at animeondvd.. http://www.animeondvd.com/cgi-bin/dc...rum=DCForumID4

hope I could help :)

cu

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.