AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
740 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was using the RS DBT on my deck and got all 7 (incl 39) Detroit channels at 70-80% strength. For a robust experience, I had a CM 4221 installed professionally today. I used Campus TV in Ann Arbor (just in case anyone is interested). I Paid $150 for the install which included the cost of the antenna, RG-6, brackets, proper grounding and labor. That's a good deal.

Tim installed it and he thought the 4221 was omnidirectional. When he was done, I DID NOT get even 1 Detroit channel. I was VERY disappointed. He had the antenna pointing 90 degrees away from where I had my RS DBT. I told him that and he went up on the roof and changed the direction properly. Now I get all Detroit challes at 95% + (WDIV at 99%). I also get 17 and 24 from Toledo (choppy) and 59 (Lansing??). I'm happy.

Now to go and watch the NBA finals... :)

·
Registered
7 Posts
Glad to hear it's working for you.

I'm up towards Brighton and get all the Detroit channels. Channel 7 is jittery once in a while. Other than, everything looks great!

I'm using a CM knock off in parallel with a RS UHF Yagi. I have an amplifier in line. as well. I've got lots of trees and a couple of hills between me and the transmitters. Plus I have to install the antenna in the attic rather than outside.

·
Registered
740 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I get WDIV at 100% !. I don't get 59 even though I have a station lock. I wonder if the Radio shack amp I used with the RS DBT will help???

·
Registered
4 Posts
I am also in the Ann Arbor Area. I have a simple UHF/VHF antenna for OTA transmissions, and a 20db amplifier that I use after the diplexor splits the satellite and antenna signals. I get digital channels 2,4,7,50,56,62 clear and sometimes 24-1, 17-1, 49-1. I am researching a new antenna. (Xium, Recoton, Winegard ...) I want to get the Toledo, Cleveland and Lansing stations if possible. Question - Should I put the amplifier next to the antenna instead of next to the tv? Comments appreciated!!

Hughes E86

Hitachi 60" RPTV

RCA transcoder for HTPC

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.