AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've released version 1.0 alpha (should really be 0.1, but whatever) of a multi-soundcard capable, remotely controlled (as in other PCs/Flash capable devices (Audrey)) Windows Media player. In other words, you've got a whole house audio thing of some sort, want to play different MP3s over multiple soundcards to different rooms and can't find a solution or can't find one that's not 'spensive. The product is a Windows service, so will require NT, 2k, or XP. It's possible to run under 98, but you'll have to fiddle.

This is alpha for the normal reasons, but also because I have pretty much no user docs for what is a complicated thing. But I would really love some eyes on it as well as any help, especially with the aforementioned docs...

Oh, and did I mention it was free? Well it is.

http://sourceforge.net/projects/wafdotnet

Download the Windows Media Alpha.

From the release note:

Once you run the installer, go to Start->Programs->Pyralis and run Configure, then run Cache Builder to point it at your shares. Only after you've done both of those things can you start the service.

The code here is extremely related to the AudreyAT Audiotron controller project. In fact, it's possible to run the service and have multiple WinMedia instances and multiple Audiotrons all mixed together and served by the same Flash movie. Cool eh? But to do this you should either know what you're doing code-wise, or pay me to do it for you. :) (it's all just configuration)

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.