AVS Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi. My first post here so please go easy on me.

My client has the Yamaha RX-V363 receiver setup in his diner to play Sirius radio for his customers. He wants to add the capability to have a wireless mic that would allow for announcements over the speakers that are playing music. The idea is that they music will play, then when the announcement comes over, the music cuts out, the mic audio is then heard.

here is the back setup:

Not sure if this is a possibility with this system. I do not see any Mic inputs so not sure if or how to go about this. Would I connect an RCA connection to the Multi Channel Inputs for the front channel? (3.5mm to RCA to the receiver?)

if this system doesn't work, can someone recommend a setup that would do something like this? (sound quality/power not really an issue, more of the capability to play the sound and mic voices over same speakers)

thanks!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Hmm, ok so looking some more and it seems like I may need a preamp along with a wireless powered microphone.

setup would be something like mic to mic control, mic control output to preamp. Sirius to preamp, mixed at preamp then into the receivers aux input or cd etc... does this appear right?

any recommendations on mixers (budget friendly)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts