Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
2,539 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yay, another beta!

Hopefully the media library is stable, the categories are in. Also some fixes, the resolution change on fullscreen feature and some other goodies.

What's new since v2.90:
Code:
Code:
New :

* New Media Library Category System (Optional).
   By enabling (Enabled by Default) the system on the
   "Options -> OSD -> Navigators" interface, the Media Library
   navigator will now be divided into categories, which can be
   set on the Media Library Editor (Shift+"M").

Each Directory can be assigned one of two states, either
   assigned to ALL categories or assigned to a Specific category.
   You can create as many categories as you desire.

When enabled, the Left/Right navigational controls will now
   be used to switch between categories.

* New Video Orbiting System (Options -> Values -> Playback).
   Video Orbiting allows you to specify a video position movement
   range in order to prevent screen burns on movies that don't
   cover the entire screen area.

* New Setting (Options -> OSD -> Navigators) allowing you to disable
   file extensions from showing up on the File, Media Library and
   Play List Navigators.

* The List Based Navigators are now more easy to navigate using the
   mouse.  Not too intuative as they were designed for TV-Display and
   not the Monitor.

* New Scene Cut feature allowing you to "End" Playback (and proceed
   to the next file on the Play List).  This works for both Media and
   DVD.  With DVD this allows you to play multiple DVDs in sequence.
   For safety reasons (to prevent infinite loops), the last Stop
   Position on a DVD isn't saved if the playback was stopped by an
   End Playback Scene Cut event.

* The Arrow keys Toggle has been split into Left/Right and Up/Down
   toggles, each can be assigned a different set of functions and more
   functions can now be assigned to the arrow keys.

* New Function ("H" on keyboard) to Enable/Disable Source Relative
   Stretch.  This is useful if you're switching a lot between a monitor
   and a non 4:3 display device such as a Projector or a TV.

* New Setting on the Play List Editor allowing you to set playback
   to loop on the currently playing item.

* New Setting (Options -> Values -> Playback) allowing you to
   modulate the speed the Skip/Jump/Seek functions work when used
   repeatedly.  If used quickly (within 1.5 seconds), each use makes
   the distance moved x1/x2/x3 ... faster than the specified value.

* New Setting (Options -> Settings -> Playback) allowing you to
   have the currently playing Media File closed when the stop command
   is issued.  Useful for people who'd like to have the Media Image
   pop back up.

* New Setting (Options -> Settings -> Playback) allowing you to have
   the Media Definition file saved in the Zoom Player Media-Data
   directory (Within the install dir) rather than the location of the
   open media file.

* New Setting (Options -> Values -> Resolution) allowing you to
   set the screen resolution when going into Zoom/Fullscreen modes.
   You can specify Width/Height/Bits/Refresh Rate/Interlaced.
   Your display driver must support the specified values.

* New Extended Function (exOpenDrive) allowing you to open the entire
   content of a drive using a keyboard/button/remote device.

Changes :

* On Play Complete toggle can now Eject the CD.

* Changing the Skin-Tint is now done without having to reload the skin.

* Switching between DVD and Media mode now tries to match the Video
   area of both skins so it remains unchanged.

* The ResizeBox skin function can now be used multiple times to define
   more than one resize area point.

* The default skin has been modified to improve usability.
   4 new Control Bar buttons are now accessible.

* Slight modification to the default DVD Context Menu.

* Unused context menu entries are now disabled.

* When playing a DVD with no DVD-Path specified, Zoom Player will
   first scan the specified DVD-Drive for a disc and only them scan
   the rest of the drives.

* The Zoom to 100% and Zoom to 200% functions are no longer hard
   coded and can be assigned through a function.

* Enhanced method of preventing Power Saving modes (monitor/system)
   when the setting is enabled (Options -> Settings -> Other).

* To prevent some user-support headaches.  A clean installation
   will now have the following settings enabled:
   1. Force Overlay Mixer.
   2. Prevent Screen Saver/PowerDowns.

Fixes :

* When Extended VMR mode was enabled, opening a second video file
   would pop an error message (and playback would continue normally
   once closed).

* When closing a video in Extended VMR mode, the video area is now
   cleared properly.

* List out of bounds error when pressing right on the Media Library
   Navigator when no items are listed.

* A clean installation would not apply Video Position preset #5
   correctly.

* Applying Blanking values through the Blanking preset dialog would
   not apply the displayed numbers correctly.

* Fixed a crash with Media Library when pressing INSERT on a dir-up.

* Fixed a crash when trying to load a new video with the GoTo
   Navigator visible.
Download the latest Beta

·
Registered
326 Posts
Yes Thanks blight great program, couldn't use anything else now.

love the New Video Orbiting System,

steve

·
Registered
1,882 Posts
mmmh... I am having problems with Episode II disc 1.

The latest version you posted of ZP will freeze when I press play.

I tried disc2 and that works OK.

I managed to skip the problem by clicking on root menu and then playing, but if I restart the player and just click on it, it freezes.

Uninstalled and run 2.90 and I have no problems with that one.

I am using the analogue outputs of a Delta410 soundcard, and I created a filter for default waveout (Windvd4 audio and Cineplayer 1.5 video). You might want to add that option to your list of filters.

You can download it here .

Apart from that issue, I saw no problems with it, and I welcome, as always, the new additions.

Let me know if you can replicate the problem (I have a Pal disc, the same probably you will find at the local Blockbuster). I am willing to test again if you like.

·
Registered
456 Posts
Hi Blight, a new beta release is always exciting but unfortunately I'm still struggling with stability/freezing issues in the previous release using various 'standard' filter combinations. I'm trying to explore whether these issues are attributable to WinME as you suggested (I have an WinXP machine here in the office but it's a question of finding the time to install all the software!)

Sorry to gripe but I also have a minor problem with the main menu in the new Spiderman DVD (PAL disc). The problem is that the selected menu command should show a little red animated 'dots' pattern but under ZP you cannot see the animated dots so you basically have no way of knowing which menu item is currently selected. Are you able to reproduce this prob - do you need more info?

·
Registered
119 Posts
Hey Blight,

I love the Media Library Category System, it's exactly what I needed.

Thanks alot!!!!

·
Registered
2,539 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
inti/gnollo:

I don't have either disc. I have spiderman/EP2 R1 shipped, but it may be 2-3 weeks till it gets here and I'm not sure it'll work properly.

As for 2.90 vs. 3.00, I don't really think I changed any DVD thing that would cause 3.00 to freeze.

·
Registered
327 Posts
Yes -- top notch release! I was unable to get the fullscreen video mode feature to work and I think it might be because I have a fractional sync rate? Zoom only allows integral rates. Will this feature require having integral scan rates, or am I maybe not using the feature properly?

matt

·
Registered
456 Posts
Blight, your continued support is appreciated and sorry for not making it clear earlier: I had the same freezing probs with 2.90. The problem seems to be present only on some disks and I currently suspect it is something to do with the WinDVD audio filter. Vern Dias on another thread suggested it could be related to ZP's 'thread priority' setting so I am checking that out too. Any tests you can suggest would be welcomed - for example, if a DVDgraph works OK (for Play/Pause control without freezing) under GraphEdit but not under ZP then could that be a ZP problem?

BTW have you tried buying R2 disks? Might be cheaper and quicker for you to ship from Europe to Israel, also the quality of R2 is in general better than R1 thanks to PAL's 20% higher resolution and virtually all R2 disks of widescreen movies are anamorphic.

·
Registered
532 Posts
I also have freezing problems with ZP 2.90. I haven't tried 3.00 yet and I never had problems before 2.90 version.

·
Registered
2,539 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
wormzer:

The windows function limits to integer rates, I think you need to actually talk to the hardware to do something more accurate, but if anyone knows of a function that accepts fractional values, I'd be happy to ammend the code.

inti:

I can't really afford many DVDs, and I had a few gift certificates for Amazon (U.S.) which I've used to buy some discs, but now I'm all out so I may pick up a few UK discs. Although at times UK discs can take a lot longer to appear for sale.

As far as Play/Pause freezing, that would be really strange as code-wise it's somewhat of a no-brainer, there's not much code invovled.

TK:

Which titles? Only PAL?

·
Registered
456 Posts
OK, so now I have tried the same DVD filter graph in GraphEdit with 'pure' WinDVD filters and I'm getting the same freezing problem in that when I try to pause and restart playing. I am so sorry to have accused ZP of causing this problem!!!! In GraphEdit, an error code is returned: "The graph could not change state. Unspecified error (Return code: 0x80004005)".

Blight - now I'm really feeling humble, also sorry that you of all people should have a lack of DVDs ! I can't offer you EPII as I don't have it myself yet, but maybe something else ... you should have my email address on file as I have sent you a donation recently. Send me an email with your postal address, and I will post you a UK R2 DVD from my collection. I'm thinking either 'Entrapment' or 'Mask of Zorro', both featuring one of the UK's finest exports, the lovely Catherine Zeta-Jones. Let me know which you would prefer or if neither then I will try and think of an alternative.

Does anybody have any suggestions how to get WinDVD filters working properly without this 'cannot change state' error? I have tried using ivinav.ax as a navigator under Graph Edit in place of DVD Navigator (not an option for ZP anyhow) but the identical problem occurs.

·
Registered
327 Posts
I might try rounding off my scanrate and see if that's indeed the problem. I've used other programs that allow the selection of a screen resolution and have never required specifying scanrate. Maybe it's because they were using standard resolutions? 640x480, 800x600 and such?

What's the API you're using that limits to ints? I might have a browse on MSDN to see what else there is.

·
Registered
456 Posts
OK further tests reveal it is definitely the WinDVD audio filter causing the error, as suspected. The WinDVD video filter does not produce this error when used in conjunction with another audio filter.

The WinDVD audio filter does not produce an error used with Default WaveOut device instead of Default Directsound device, but on the other hand playback is jerky with that combination.

·
Registered
456 Posts
This is looking a lot more promising - the jerkiness is only for a few seconds when starting video. I need to watch a whole movie to look out for stutter and other harder to spot flaws.

Blight, I can still crash a filtergraph that includes the WinDVD audio filter by sending rapidly repeated navigation commands (e.g. hold down the 'F' key or the 'P' key under ZP, and it will rapidly switch between two states, presumably at the speed of my keyboard autorepeat). This is because the WinDVD filter responds slowly, I think. Therefore could you include an option in ZP to suppress or buffer repeated navigation commands - ideally with an optional threshold setting of say 0.5s default? (If possible, I think it is better to suppress/buffer navigation commands as opposed to keystrokes, for example it is possible to generate a lot of commands rapidly by dragging the seek bar in the timeline which was of my first 'operator errors' when new to ZP).

BTW, I have noticed that when an autoload bookmark has been moved, ZP will sometimes jump to the original position and then jump on to the new position when playback is activated. This might be another instance of 'rapidly repeated navigation commands'.

·
Registered
532 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Blight
TK:

Which titles? Only PAL?
Only PAL. And it happens with Cineplayer video + audio filter also (not just with WinDVD audio).

·
Registered
327 Posts
So I was able to activate the new full screen resolution by entering a scanrate of 60 in the zoomplayer config. The actual scanrate for my custom resolution is 59.542, so maybe a rounding is required. 59 did not work.

I ran into a couple issues with the feature. When switching into full screen (which in my case is 1440x480) the aspect ratio snaps to the wrong size. Only half the screen is utilized -- for my background and after loading a media file. It is as if ZP still thinks the screen is 848x480 possibly. If I manually select a position preset, the settings are corrected.

Also, when coming out of fullscreen, it would be nice to return to the original desktop resolution.

Thanks!

matt

1 - 20 of 36 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.