Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
2,542 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
*** Posted with permission of AVSForum ***

It's finally here, Zoom Player v3.00 final is out the door.

If you're upgrading from v2.90 or ealier, I recommend going to the Inmatrix Front Page as it contains some useful information.

Changes from RC3:
Code:
Code:
* Implemented support for Windows Media High-Definition Audio playback
   and Speaker Setup Selection (Options/Settings/Windows Media)

* New skinning function "FillRectNT" allows you to fill an area of a
   skin with a color without having it tinted by the skin tinting
   profiles, this is important as you don't want the background of the
   video area to get tinted (can cause color-bars on the sides of the
   video under certain conditions).

* New Seting (Options / Values) allowing you to Screen Snap the Main
   Window and the Play List Editor.

* New Source Relative Stretch calculator to help you setup display for
   display modes with non-standard pixel ratios.  I'm not entirely sure
   the math is correct at the moment, so the usefulness is in question.

- Fixed Mouse wheel issue with play list while in fullscreen mode.

- Fix so that the background of the video area in window mode doesn't
   get tinted by the skin tinting profiles.

- Mouse Cursor would hide while using play list in fullscreen mode.

- Put some safty checks to prevent misbehaving drivers causing ZP to
   throw errors in the VMR9 color controls.

- Having the window maintain AR and going to fullscreen while maximized
   caused a weird effect when exiting from fullscreen.

- Taking screenshots didn't save under the right name in DVD Mode.
Download v3.00 here .

If someone can provide solid mirrors for the ZIP Archives, please provide me with links.

·
Registered
814 Posts
Blight,

Nice work, now only if ATI supported VMR9 color control in their drivers. One problem though, via any of the RC's and now the final release, I have lost the ability to play from a secondary DVD drive via 'open drive' if there is anything in the first drive. ie if I explicity tell it to play drive E, it will play D -- unless I remove the disc from D before hand.

3.0 Beta 5.5 works if that helps.

-pd

·
Registered
343 Posts
I can't seem to find a way to select for Zoom Player to "always stay on top" ... is there a way to do that?

Thanks,

Kirby

·
Registered
43 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Kirby
I can't seem to find a way to select for Zoom Player to "always stay on top" ... is there a way to do that?
ALT+T toggles it, "Player Options -> Keys" is your friend :)

·
Registered
752 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by pdermody
Blight,

I have lost the ability to play from a secondary DVD drive via 'open drive' if there is anything in the first drive. ie if I explicity tell it to play drive E, it will play D -- unless I remove the disc from D before hand.

3.0 Beta 5.5 works if that helps.

-pd
I can confirm this issue also. I believe it happens if the drive designated as default within ZP options contains a DVD, using "Drive\\Open" on any other drive will fail.

If it makes any difference, my default drive is a Daemon Tools virtual drive, and my hardware drive is not.

·
Registered
2,700 Posts
I am seeing a problem with fast forward and reverse while using FFDShow. When i FF or Rev, the picture freezes...the fast forwar/rev works, but the picture is frozen on the frame I started at. If I don't use FFDShow, the FF/Rev works fine. I'm using Sonic video and Windvd audio. Drew

·
Registered
216 Posts
Quote:
New Source Relative Stretch calculator to help you setup display for display modes with non-standard pixel ratios. I'm not entirely sure the math is correct at the moment, so the usefulness is in question.
It is good for me! I tried the calculator, and both my 4:3 and 16:9 media appear to be correctly sized - at least by eye (and with my non standard resolution). Well done and thanks!

With a resolution of 1536x504, the source relative stretch value was calculated to be negative 41.666666%. I think I understand what this value represents now. In my case it is the percentage that the horizontal resolution would need to be decreased in order to make square pixels (ie. to make 896 columns using a height of 504 - because my display is 16:9). But there is probably a better way to think of it.

So far, I have only encountered two unexpected events, neither of which I can reproduce. Firstly the mouse disappeared when I had the pop-up menu displayed. I'm not sure of the circumstance, but I'll try to monitor it. Secondly, the entire player window disappeared when I went to windowed mode (I think I had been experimenting with AR settings). I tried restarting ZP, but it just wouldn't return. In the end, I right-clicked the ZP icon in the task bar, and selected "reset window position", which solved it.

·
Registered
343 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by supa
ALT+T toggles it, "Player Options -> Keys" is your friend :)
Wow... lot's of options in there... I never would have found it...

Thanks!:cool:

Kirby

·
Registered
2,542 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Kirby:

there's also a checkbox on the right click context-menu.

pdermody:

I'll look into the Open Drive issue... there's just so many different ways of opening a DVD, sometimes the circuts mix up.

But next time, if something stops working, let me know about it so I can get it fixed... That's the reason why I release betas you know.

Mike:

The source relative AR is essentially a pixel ratio squeeze. Normally, video has a 1:1 pixel ratio, but if your display device has non-square pixels, this needs to be compensated.

barhoram:

This isn't something I can control... I guess ffdshow interrupts the stream flow.

·
Registered
814 Posts
Blight, sorry about that. I did not try till today, and from there I just went back and tried every version I had downloaded till one worked.

-pd

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
Blight,

I have registered and was running RC3. Upgraded to 3 Final and it no longer thinks I am registered - even recopied the file to my zoom directory.

I am having problems using VMR. I am running Catalyst 3.2 and DX9. I cannot make ZP use VMR as I get and error about not being able to connect. Interestingly, if I open another window that uses the overlay and then put zoom in automatic mode it does use vmr9.

I am also having problems with a disappearing mouse and pop up menus.

I have also had to use the task manager to kill ZP a few times. I will pay a little more attention to the exact circumstances but the code actually seems a little less stable compared to RC3.

Mike

·
Registered
2,542 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
mjcumming:

The key hasn't changed between RC3 and Final.

Make sure the shortcut you are running from is pointing to the right EXE.

There's barely any code changes between RC3 and Final, mostly a few cosmetic tweaks and the WM9 support (which doesn't effect anything else).

There are a few issues with the mouse cursor hiding, I'm aware of that.

VMR9 will NEVER be used in an automatic graph, what you're seeing is probably fallback to GDI/Offscreen Surface.

If you'd let me know the connection error, I may advise you as to what might be going wrong.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Why is it that with ZP 3 Pro I can watch DVDs in 5.1 using SPDIF, but if I play a .VOB file with a DD track in it, I get nothing? Also, the iviaudio properties shows the .VOB files with SPDIF unselectable, but a DD DVD is ok. This is very frustrating. I can play the .VOB files in WinDVD in DD just fine.

Mike

·
Registered
2,542 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
StarmanTHX:

Try installing AC3 Filter (the open source thing), see if it works for SP/DIF in media mode.

·
Registered
342 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by StarmanTHX
Why is it that with ZP 3 Pro I can watch DVDs in 5.1 using SPDIF, but if I play a .VOB file with a DD track in it, I get nothing? Also, the iviaudio properties shows the .VOB files with SPDIF unselectable, but a DD DVD is ok. This is very frustrating. I can play the .VOB files in WinDVD in DD just fine.

Mike
I think its because when you play a DVD your in DVD mode. When you click on a .vob file its in media mode. Try clicking on the .ifo file which then links to the .vob files and then it automatically goes into DVD mode :). Im not sure if this would work but if you only had say a .vob trailer and no associated .IFO file then you might be able to associate all .vob files with zplayer.exe /DVD to force it into DVD mode???

·
Registered
195 Posts
Steve,

The .VOB files are extracted from other DVDs, so there's no associated .ifo file with them. It's a playlist of trailers/snipes and then the movie. Media mode shouldn't make a difference. Any decent player should play the .VOB file as is.

Blight,

I'll try that.

ZoomPlayer in general still doesn't fix the InterVideo WinDVD A/V synch issue. *sigh*.

Mike

·
Registered
283 Posts
Blight,

You said you recommended a "clean install" for Version 3 Final. Does that simply mean deleting the ZoomPlayer folder and shortcut to the executable file?

Dan

·
Registered
275 Posts
barhoram,

I have seen this ffwd/rwd problem on v2.9. It only happens for me when my cpu is at or near 100% during the ffwd/rwd. If I make changes to reduce the cpu then I see the picture being updated during ffwd/rwd.

Also, I use the OSD cpu reading from within zp.

·
Registered
300 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Blight
StarmanTHX:

Try installing AC3 Filter (the open source thing), see if it works for SP/DIF in media mode.
On my Windows XP box I get sound from .vob files but the sound isn't very good. The sound breaks up, crackles and pops. Playing the same files in WinDVD they play perfect. On my Windows 2000 box, which is my HTPC, the sound plays fine in ZP3. Then again, I'm only getting 2 channel sound since Win2000 doesn't support 5.1 in WMP9.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Blight,

I have tested RC3 and did not see any item listed in the filter configuration for Reclock. I see FFDShow and can pick my audio and video filters and they work great (thanks for no more graphs!!!), but I do not see how to configure Reclock except to go to the old method of using a graph with Reclock in the graph file? Thanks for any insight.

Mike

1 - 20 of 48 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.