AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
customer service, again, perhaps for the last time.

Considering options for next step. My lovely bride absolutely prefers TiVo but will poteentially accept some lesser software to escape DirecTV. Sports is not a high priority and a high percentage of recording will be OTA programs. Picture quality from local analog cable or OTA is totally unacceptable. HD over air is good enough to get all stations with reasonable signal and very few dropouts.

Been down the PC road and nothing there has the full TiVo bulletproof interface. Media Center 2005 comes close, but does not fully float the boat.

The rub here is the nights there are more than two programs on simultaneously. Multiple TiVos have made that no problem at all. With the new programs debuting and many of them appear to be broadcast in HD the upgrade window may be temporarily open. Does any box out there now have the different remote code pages like TiVo? Or am I looking for something that is just not out there? All wiring is based on "home run" architecture and eliminating noise is the number one specific requirement. While there is much RG6 in the walls, peppering the house with recievers will not be a happy result.

Can the wise sages of AVS please help me find a path to true home theater happiness...

·
Registered
294 Posts
Speak to another customer service rep.

Really, your best bet is to stick with Tivo and D*. I suspect the person at D* who upset you (again) really doesn't care whether you continue as a customer or not. However, speak to someone (such as a manager) in the retention department and you might be surprised at how much they appreciate your business.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.