AVS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My Pioneer VSX-1120 receiver bit the dust so I bought a Denon AVR-X4000, which is awesome, but I now have an annoying problem. In Windows Media Center when I skip forward or back in recorded or live TV, the receiver momentarily loses signal (usually Dolby Digital) and then clicks back on, regaining the signal. When skipping forward multiple times through commercials this clicking sound is really annoying, enough to offset the rather sizable increase in sound performance. Does anyone know if this is an HTPC or receiver issue, or how I can resolve it?

I'm running an approx 6 year old Core i3 HTPC with onboard audio. Bitstreaming all codecs, including TrueHD and DTS HD Master work just fine. Thanks in advance!!!

·
Registered
5,622 Posts
Am running WMC, HTPC sporting Realtek ALC1150 and the control amp is an Emotiva UMC200 and mine doesn't click, transitions are imperceptive. Am thinking this has to do with the switching chips. Temporarily hook up a stand-alone BR player to the receiver to ascertain who's doing the trick.

·
Registered
2,488 Posts
Assuming you're using HDMI... If you send multi-PCM from WMC instead of bitstreaming AC3, the quality will be the same (only thing is you'll have to set DRC in WMC, if possible, if you happen to use that feature). This may (or may not) solve your problem.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts