AVS Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey,

I have a Toshiba Regza 32" LCD TV that I bought a few years ago. It is connected to my PC and the screen resolution is set to 1980x1050, 25 Hertz, Interlaced.

No matter the video I try to play, the picture quality is excellent and the movement is smooth, without any noticeable judder whatsoever.

A few days ago, I bought a Samsung LA37C530 37" LCD TV with a built-in media player for my living room. I immediately noticed that although the picture quality is fine, playback of any sort of video, avis or mkvs, just isn't smooth.

I've tried tweaking the settings and also tried connecting my PC (the one I use for my Toshiba LCD TV) and trying different screen resolutions, including the 1920x1080, 25 Hertz, Interlaced that works so well on the other TV, but I just can't achieve the same non-judder feel I get on my old LCD TV.

Any speculations as to why this is and what I can try to do?

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
6,242 Posts
The C530 is a 60hz TV rather than 120hz, so it doesn't have the built-in AMP (Automated Motion Processing) to smooth the judder.

As you have witnessed, the major use for a motion processing feature is when you are playing movies and other "non-TV" programs. AMP is also useful for sports and can be turned off or adjusted as needed. However, you need to have a Samsung Series 6 TV or higher to have this feature included.

Sorry.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoilerJim /forum/post/20812848

The C530 is a 60hz TV rather than 120hz, so it doesn't have the built-in AMP (Automated Motion Processing) to smooth the judder.

As you have witnessed, the major use for a motion processing feature is when you are playing movies and other "non-TV" programs. AMP is also useful for sports and can be turned off or adjusted as needed. However, you need to have a Samsung Series 6 TV or higher to have this feature included.

Sorry.

The Toshiba LCD TV also isn't 120hz, though...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.