AVS Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, I've got a bug here going on and I can't seem to figure out how to undo it. Going out to a Denon 4806CI (so yes, I'm basically decoding any HD format, but we're not there yet)

Anyway, using FFDshow, MPC player, etc. I can get it to pass out bitstream DD/DTS to my receiver. BUT, if I leave "pass bitstream" on in FFDshow, Media Center (and Media Center only) stutters (it's like a 5 second burst gets caught in a loop) then dies. I can change FFDShow to decode all formats and pass multi-channel, and it works fine (using an ATI5670). But for the life of me, from within 7MC, I cannot make it pass bitstream DD/DTS at all. Just dies.

I've tried uninstalling and re-installing, no go. I've tried enabling and disabling Microsoft's DTV-DVD Audio Decoder.. if it's enabled, I get the stuttering, if it's disabled, it works (if FFDShow is set to encode) but I can't even get a display up if it's set to pass bitstream.

I for the life of me cannot figure out where the hell this hitch came from. Maybe I'm just nearing a point I should just reformat, it's been about a year and a half since I set this box up *shrug* or just wait for SP1 and see if it sorts it out in case K-Lite F'd me up somewhere along the way.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.