AVS Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, I recently noticed that when I turn on my Xbox 360, it will sign into my profile but not Xbox Live. I have to manually connect to Xbox Live via hitting the "Connect to XBL" button. When I do sign on, it shows that no friends are online, despite being able to play games/receive messages/private chat with friends that are "offline." (I know that I have friends online because I have crosschecked with xbox.com). If a friend signs on in the duration that I am signed in, it will show that friend online until I sign out and in again. I do not believe it is a connection issue seeing as I can very easily join games on Xbox Live/download/etc. Another weird thing is that it signs me out of Xbox Live every time I go to a game from the dashboard or vice versa. This is getting really frustrating... 18004MYXBOX is no help-explaining the issue is hard enough, let alone the service people understanding me/me understanding their accent. Help?

·
Registered
855 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starguard /forum/post/0

So, I recently noticed that when I turn on my Xbox 360, it will sign into my profile but not Xbox Live. I have to manually connect to Xbox Live via hitting the "Connect to XBL" button. When I do sign on, it shows that no friends are online, despite being able to play games/receive messages/private chat with friends that are "offline." (I know that I have friends online because I have crosschecked with xbox.com). If a friend signs on in the duration that I am signed in, it will show that friend online until I sign out and in again. I do not believe it is a connection issue seeing as I can very easily join games on Xbox Live/download/etc. Another weird thing is that it signs me out of Xbox Live every time I go to a game from the dashboard or vice versa. This is getting really frustrating... 18004MYXBOX is no help-explaining the issue is hard enough, let alone the service people understanding me/me understanding their accent. Help?

Everything in which you've described has happened to me and it's the cause of my problematic internet connection. I've been having some issues which has baffled my cable provider and hopefully it be cleared up soon. Try running some tests, ping and tracert tests to see how it goes. T3 timeouts and all sorts of problems. Try running a network connection test on your X360 to see how that turns out, ICMP should be a speedy check and if not then something is amiss.

·
Registered
1,302 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5150 /forum/post/0

Mine has been slow to sign in to Live since the last update. I'm at the Dash after startup for perhaps 20 seconds before it signs in.

Same here. In fact, my TV sometimes doesn't show a picture until I cycle through the different inputs and get back to component. It all started after the last update.

·
Registered
400 Posts
Make sure you account settings are set to log you in to live automatically. The system will always load your profile regardless of you having LIVE or not.

Someone may have changed your settings while "looking around" in the dashboard??

·
Registered
1,302 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcrews /forum/post/0

Make sure you account settings are set to log you in to live automatically. The system will always load your profile regardless of you having LIVE or not.

Someone may have changed your settings while "looking around" in the dashboard??

I'm the only one in my house to use the xbox360. It does always log's on, but it takes longer than it used to after the update.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by LR6AGB001 /forum/post/0

Everything in which you've described has happened to me and it's the cause of my problematic internet connection. I've been having some issues which has baffled my cable provider and hopefully it be cleared up soon. Try running some tests, ping and tracert tests to see how it goes. T3 timeouts and all sorts of problems. Try running a network connection test on your X360 to see how that turns out, ICMP should be a speedy check and if not then something is amiss.

Everything is fine. It's crazy (and pissing me off). It signs into my profile, just not xbox live, and when I do, it doesn't show my online friends.

·
Registered
855 Posts
Normally I would recommend calling Microsoft XBL support but those fellas barely speak a word of english. I called them to redeem my points for both Superman Returns (HD) & the CoD3 Valor Map pack and I had to constantly ask the person on the other end to repeat themselves.

My guess is since this is a recent issue then the update is possibly to blame. I'd call Microsoft (X360 hardware support) and have them send out a replacement system. Course they'll run you through the basics such as are you behind a router, is automatic log-in enabled, family settings or formatting your hard drive (profile data corrupt) so do this when you have a decent amount of time to kill.

·
Registered
3,248 Posts

Quote:

The refurb I just got from Microsoft has that same problem.

It doesn't bother me since I rarely play online anyway.

·
Registered
19 Posts

Quote:

Everything is fine. It's crazy (and pissing me off). It signs into my profile, just not xbox live, and when I do, it doesn't show my online friends.

When I first go my box I had a similar problem, but mine was that my friends list was not showing up. What I did was have one of my friends delete me from their list and then re-add me. It may be worth a try.

CW

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.