AVS Forum banner

101 - 112 of 112 Posts

·
Registered
6,400 Posts
Got the 4 pin to 2 pin adapter today. Have an extra one if anyone in Canada is looking (had to ship from the US Amazon site).

Installed the NF A8 PWM fairly easily along with some heat sinks that I applied a layer thermapaste to the bottom of, which I thought would be more like glue for some reason!

The new fan is definitely pushing way less air than the old fan, and it's not "less noisy", it is borderline silent. Even with the case open I could barely hear it. Folks have been using this safely for a while I assume?

I put the shroud back on after this pic, but anything look off?

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
So is there a simple plug and play fan replacement for this thing? Or does it require splicing and cutting of wires?

·
Registered
6,400 Posts
So is there a simple plug and play fan replacement for this thing? Or does it require splicing and cutting of wires?
Buy this..

And this fan..

Plug it in and play.

·
Registered
2,943 Posts
Buy this..

And this fan..

Plug it in and play.
Or just remove the OEM fan, pull the white plastic connector off the pins with a pair of needle-nose pliers, cut off the other 2 pins from the Noctua PWM fan and install. Very simple.

·
Registered
5,901 Posts

·
Registered
1,399 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,254 Posts
Rated Speed: 2800 RPM; Air flow: 43.6CFM; Noise:31dBA; Power: 2.1Watt

compared to this
Ultra low noise fan, 80x80x25 mm, 12V, 3-pin Molex, 1400/1100 RPM, max. 10.4 dB(A),

maybe not as much air and
someone here can speak more wisely wrt to that wrt static pressure and beyond
but that 31 dBA -\
the difference between 31 and 10.4, even with some margin of error
I'd like to see some sort of compartive graph showing a relative difference,
21 dB can be a lot at the wrong F

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
The part that is glued to the circuit board? No, I just pulled the cable. The white part on the board comes off?

This? How does this come off?

·
Registered
6,400 Posts
The part that is glued to the circuit board? No, I just pulled the cable. The white part on the board comes off?
Yeah, I didn't think so either at first. I warmed up the glue a bit (literally heated up the end of a flat screw driver and then just pressed it against the glue), and then pulled off the glue with needle nose plyers.

101 - 112 of 112 Posts