AVS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking for a very good 32 inch lcd tv for watching blu-ray movies; usage with computer and cable tv. I've searched the various forums and found a few comments but overall not very good details for the 32 inch models.

It sounds like the samsungs @ 32 arent' that great (I've been looking at B650 and B6000) and carry a price similar to their larger models. The pany TC-L32S1 looks interesting but I can't tell if it had an audio jack (for headphones) and it does not seem to have 120MHZ so there might be some blurring (not sure how bad it would be) but it does have an IPS panel.

There have been some positive comments on the LG 32LH40 but others prefer the less expensive LG 32LH30. Anyways I suspect that most folks in this forum have gone with larger tvs which (from what I've read) tend to use better panels and have better circuitry for sound but if you are using a 32inch 1080P tv feel free to give me some advice among the models listed or other models I should consider.

I'm willing to pay a bit more for a better tv but if something ultra cheap is going to be just as good I might as well as save a few bucks

·
Registered
6,242 Posts
I don't know how you got the idea that the Samsung 32B650 isn't that great. I have a 37B650 and love it. I was going to get the 32" version, but decided on the 37" at the last minute.

If you want a good 32" TV with 1080p & a 120hz refresh rate, I'd suggest the Samsung LN32B650, the Sony 32XBR9, or the LG 32LH40 in that order. The Panasonic you mentioned does not have a headphone jack, nor do any of the others with the possible exception of the Sony.

Although I'm not a big Sharp TV fan, I will admit the new Sharp 32" Sharp AQUOS LC32LE700UN with 1080p, 120hz AND LED backlighting looks VERY intriguing. I'd like to hear from others who have this TV because it may cause me to change my opinion of Sharp in a big way.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I was just looking at these tvs. The 32xbr9 and Samsung both had head phone jack on the back (little round hole marked audio)[ Bleh they must be audio input for vga; oddly the 22inch b?40 had a clearly labeled phone jack]. The 32LH30 (not 40) was awful off angle (I wonder if they changed the panel). I did not see the LH40 or the Pany. I did not look for the sharp (just saw your note here but will check for it tomorrow). The Samsungs and LH30 were at BB and while I do not expect the tvs to be calibrated; the B550 and the LH30 were side by side and it was easy to compare how they behaved off angle. The B550 (not 650) actually looked rather good; and held its colour as I walked by while the LH30 immediately shifted colour (I guess the angle was about 30 degrees). Since I will be using this tv with a compute part time I'm marginally concern about input lag. I'm not that sensitive but it shoudl have reasonable behavior. The B6000 was also at BB; but it was too bright (not calibrated) but had good off angle viewing.

To be honest I think the 32XBR9 looked the nicest (this was not side by side as it was at the sony style store) and it is about $150 cheaper; but the design (cosmetic) weren't that great and it doesn't swivel like the Samsung and Toshiba.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoilerJim /forum/post/17044489

I don't know how you got the idea that the Samsung 32B650 isn't that great. I have a 37B650 and love it. I was going to get the 32" version, but decided on the 37" at the last minute.

If you want a good 32" TV with 1080p & a 120hz refresh rate, I'd suggest the Samsung LN32B650, the Sony 32XBR9, or the LG 32LH40 in that order. The Panasonic you mentioned does not have a headphone jack, nor do any of the others with the possible exception of the Sony.

Although I'm not a big Sharp TV fan, I will admit the new Sharp 32" Sharp AQUOS LC32LE700UN with 1080p, 120hz AND LED backlighting looks VERY intriguing. I'd like to hear from others who have this TV because it may cause me to change my opinion of Sharp in a big way.

·
Registered
332 Posts
If it's for PC use, avoid laggy panel like the samsung.

Here me using a Panasonic

Here someone who use a Samsung

Playing=night & day

With a wheel it's easy to see a panel that lag. I thought it was the game, but when I tried at home with my new PS3 slim... lol

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.