AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ive seen alot of cable questions thrown around here and there and basically get the idea that sometimes the more expensive cables arnt worth the money. But what I have never understood is what video cables are best. Starting with the standard a/v cable (red, white and yellow) to s-video then to component. And is it good to stay the same type throughout the entire system? Say dvd-reciver and or cable box-reciver then reciver to tv. Just curious as im mixing standard a/v and some s-video. I found a place that has a whole slew of AR cables CHEAP and im gonna stock up, just need to know which is better..... Thanx

·
Registered
22,170 Posts
AR cables are fine for most all applications. The recommended connections from worst to best are:

RF - coax

composite

S-Video

Component

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
OK cool. I kinda thought comp. was the top video cables just wasnt sure. I also got do hook up my dvd player with a digital (Toslink) cable. OH MAMA!!! Ive been missing out. :) Thanx.

·
Banned
3,403 Posts
Just so your not using ratshack supremo junk component, I use our avertisers Silver Serpent component the best for PQ.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ive been using the plain ol a/ cables that come with things (the cheap thin cables) And then I saw the deals on the AR cables. And thought what the hell..... And I dont buy hardly anything rom RadioShack anymore electronics wise. Last I got was a reciver and 10" sub as they were like $200 total for both and ive been very happy with them.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.