AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 175 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have just came across another Chinese DVD player that seems to be rather impressive.

http://www.xindakaudio.com/big5/prod...?pid=XDV-2100E

In case not all of you are fluent with Chinese, here is the brief:

This player uses parts that are normally found in a hi-end cd player, it even has Balanced analogue audio out. Up sampling of CD playback to 24/96.

Video and Audio sections are totally separated.

On the video part, it has VGA and component output with progressive scan. I believe the chip set used is a Pantera-2 (not sure if it is really inferior to DCDi as I have both Skyworth 1050D and Malata 996 and found that when the 996 is properly setup, it can give the 1050D a good run for the money).

I have actually seen this player in person can lifted it up,it is very heavy. I have just arranged a try out session with the dealer next week to see how good the picture is.

I hope someone else might have more insight on this product who can share with me.

BTW, I was told that the company Xindak has abeen around for quite some time producing hi-end audio equipment for mainland China.

·
Registered
471 Posts
Does it have the "video" features of the Malata?? You know, X/Y scaling and infinite zoom. .......... Now that I mentioned it, is there ANY other dvd player that has these features? I love my Malata.

thanks, Tom B.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I will go to give this player a test run tomorrow and will keep you posted on its features and picture quality (if time allow). If it is really that good, I will pick it up right away and probably won't wait for the Philips 963SA.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It is confirmed that the XDV2100 has all the video features (I think.....well at least the ones that I usually used) of the Malata 996. However, I am not sure whether if it has PAL progressive out as I forgot to bring my PAL test disc with me.

·
Registered
612 Posts
Any idea what the price/availability will be in the US?

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Not sure how available it is in US as well as the price. I just placed an order for mine and it cost close to US$400. BTW, it comes in 3 colours, Gold, White and Black.

I also tried out the cd section, I would say it has better resolution and wider sound stage than the TEAC VRDS-25N (retailed more than twice the price of the XDV2100E

·
Registered
2,736 Posts
Hi Pegasus,

This DVD player does sound good. I heard from good source here in the forum that the Pantera II MPEGII decoder chip is superior to the Matsushita (Panasonic) chip. This might be a very good player to modify for SDI output:

- benefit of the high-end audio stages

- preferred Pantera II chip

- no issue of presence or absence of DCDi if you're using interlaced full digital D1 SDI output

I'll assume that it is multiregion, as most Chinese players. However, since China entered the World Trade Organization :( the Skyworth, Nintaus and others now are hampered with crippling Macrovision! Is this player "crapovision" free? I guess it is a pointless issue if you use SDI output - does anyone know if it uses IRCC606 or IRCC656?

Cheers,

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Brett,

I know that this player is multregion. However, I cannot confirm about the macrovision. I will let you know when my player comes in couple of days.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Xindak has just confirmed with me that the player supports PAL progressive output.. However, they did not answer my question properly regarding Macrovision. I guess they did not understand my question as I presented the question in English. Too bad that my current computer does not have Chinese input.

·
Registered
2,736 Posts
Thanks Pegasus for all the interesting info!

Maybe they'd better understand if you asked if it has copy protection or not? Macrovision is just a brand name for it.

Cheers,

·
Registered
2,509 Posts

·
Registered
301 Posts
Pegasus -

i noticed on the Xindak website pages that umenon pointed out that the XDV-2100E is, in fact, capable of not only HDCD playback, but also SACD playback as well... can you verify this info for us? also, can you tell us if SACD playback is stereo or multichannel?

if both of these end up being the case, i'd be REALLY interested...

·
Registered
180 Posts
Brett said:
Quote:
Maybe they'd better understand if you asked if it has copy protection or not? Macrovision is just a brand name for it.
Another trick you can try is asking if the player is "VCR ready" or "VCR compatible". Those are the euphemisms I've heard most often from dealers in my neck of the woods. :)

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I have the Chinese instruction mannual with me and it didn't say anything about SACD playback. As for macrovision, I will try it myself tonight and will let you guys know.

1 - 20 of 175 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.