Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
540 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by CZ Eddie
I bought three of these from a highly rated company who is HEAVY into high-technology. I sold one already, I am keeping one for myself, and now this one is for sale.
Did you not say in your previous add that you bought only two?

Apparently the prior add was edited by you, it now simply states "sold" so I cannot verify it.

Sorry pal , I am not saying you are, but you are not helping to diminish the suggestion that you pulled the original add, where you offered the projector for $3300 if I am not mistaken, which I thought was a low price, and offered the same projector for more, by writing things like this in the first ad:

Quote:
If I ever get another one of these, I'm going to ask for a LOT more. I woke up to 13 emails about this.
And in the XG135 ad:
Quote:
edit. the eBayer from Germany with "0" feedback has not yet paid or contacted me. I'll give him a few more days to contact me, then I'll possibly put it back up for sale again. But will be listed for a slightly higher price, since the sudden cash emergency (the LC ultras) has passed.
I take it the first Christy was sold to user 316.

·
Registered
7,505 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
htpcfan, that is correct. I only bought two. But that situation changed as of 9:30AM this morning when I bought two more.

And if my cousin flakes on me, I will be selling the fourth soon.

I'm having so much fun right now. I never thought I'd actually own the elusive Ultra!!!! :)

And correct, 316 will be picking his up in person. I guess I'll have to offer him $50 off since I put that in this add. ughh.

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
Yes, I purchased the first one.

Lets see if I can figure this one out, you sell both the Ultra's and the NEC to move up to a G-90! The price sounds about right....just a hunch! :D

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
Cool! The Navigator will guzzle that $50.00 up in no time! LOL.

Well I guess my hunch was wrong.......I was typing while you were posting.

Thanks htpcfan, I've been beating the bushes this past week but I guess I was not beating them as much as Eddie was!

BTW, this is a true blessing to me........... :)

·
Registered
7,505 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
This 9500 Ultra is basically sold also. A wise buyer has contacted me and has agreed to purchase. I just need to do a greyscale G2 test for him. While talking to him on the phone, a second PM has confirmed interest as well.

I really need to start charging more realistic prices. :)

As always, a PJ is never really sold until money exchanges hands, but I'm going to hold of on any sales until the AM when I can talk to the first potential buyer again.

·
Registered
7,505 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by 316
Yes, I purchased the first one.

Lets see if I can figure this one out, you sell both the Ultra's and the NEC to move up to a G-90! The price sounds about right....just a hunch! :D
G90 or Ultra 9500LC... I'll take the 9500 Ultra. Not just because of price, but because the 9500 Ultra is still in production and parts are plentiful (not so for the G90) but also because Mike Parker and Tim are still infatuated with the 9500LC. Anyways, about 1/2 the people you talk to will tell you the 9500 Ultra LC has a better picture than the G90. Heh, while the other half will say the G90 has a better picture. To me, that means you can't go wrong either way!!!!

And also because of the LVPS noise mods available. I look forward to having a truly silent CRT on my ceiling, without the need for a hushbox!!!!

·
Registered
7,505 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Holy crap, I'm still asking waaay too little for this model PJ. :(

I should have just listed it as a seven day auction!!!!

If the potential buyers I mentioned above do not come through, I may just go ahead and list on eBay. I have a feeling I'll be a lot richer if I do. :-/

This is just for a REGULAR older 9500LC (though, it is from an authorized service center):
http://forum.audiogon.com/cgi-bin/cl...deo&1129141380

·
Registered
641 Posts
I shot you another note but am willing to bet I am WAY late on the draw again!

I took today off and actully slept in. That will teach me!!!

·
Registered
7,505 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
This projector is still available.

I now have four AVS forum members who want it but nobody has paid for it yet. Until that happens, it's still available.

·
Registered
641 Posts
You have another PM.. My home phone is included. :)

·
Registered
641 Posts
You now have voice mail as well.... :D

·
Registered
7,505 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Eric, I don't have time to argue with you. Yes, I said the projector was still available.

But when we ended our call you did not know if you wanted the projector or not. As we ended our call, the projector was still available. Wide open. As in, you did not say "yes, it's mine... I'm sending you a payment right now". You said you wouldn't know for sure for another five minutes.

So I hang up with you and the phone rings right away and it's the guy from last night saying "hey, I'm a definate and I'm sending you the payment right now".

THAT... is a final sale IMO.

Sorry you feel otherwise. You're a nice guy and I'd rather not go out on poor terms with you. I know the timing of it all sucked, and I'd feel frustrated also. But please look at it from my point of view. Four people tell me "it's mine, I want it"... then come the questions, "how much is shipping", "will this work for my application", etc. Then comes the "Well let me look into this and I'll get back to you".

When I heard the words "Okay I've looked into this and I'm your buyer, I'm sending the money right now", that meant to me I had just finalized the sale.

You didn't have those words for me, you only had "let me get back to you". That just wasn't a sale IMO.

Eddie

·
Registered
641 Posts
Edited to remove the body.... Nothing I say is going to change anything. Hanging up on me and then not taking my subsequent calls was totaly unneccesary.

Back to sulking...... I actually had my dream PJ in my hands, for just over an hour.... :(

·
Registered
7,505 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I was on the phone with the buyer for 45 minutes. I was not ignoring you.

And yeah, I did hang up on you when I called back to break the bad news. You were acting like a stressed out psycho and I got skeered. ;)

·
Registered
540 Posts
Dear, sometimes the AVS forum is like a soap opera. :)

Drama's galore.

Congrats to the buyer, looks like he got an excellent deal!

And to those who did not get the deal, life's a drag (sometimes).

·
Registered
2,428 Posts
For sale another Ultra, only $500, mint tubes, call me now, need the money to pay for a trip home for some buddies of mine out having fun in the desert.

My number is in the book

G.W Bush

White House

1600 Pennsylvania Avenue

NW Washington,

DC 20500.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.