AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone saw JAG tonight(4/22)? It sure looked like a pilot for a new CSI clone show. Now we have CSI,CSI Miami. We might have Navy CSI.

·
Registered
1,050 Posts
15 minutes in it became pretty obvious to me that this is a spin off setup. I think the normal JAG folks were only in the episode for maybe 10 minutes, and you could have had anybody in a naval uniform doing those parts.

The other tip factor for me was the number of stars (Mark Harman and the guy from the Man from U.N.C.L.E.) and almost stars (the guy in the wheelchair from Dark Angel and the redhead I recognized from somewhere). Between that and all the time they spent building character "background" seems like a waste if they're not going to spin it off.

I personally would love to watch another good Mark Harmon series (especially in HD). :D

·
Banned
3,023 Posts
The TV guide episode synopsys specifically mentions this 2part episode is indeed a pilot for a new CBS series. A cross between JAG and CSI. Too bad they killed off Lt. Loren Singer (played by David James Elliot's wife in real life).

·
Registered
3,723 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by DonBerg
The TV guide episode synopsys specifically mentions this 2part episode is indeed a pilot for a new CBS series. A cross between JAG and CSI. Too bad they killed off Lt. Loren Singer (played by David James Elliot's wife in real life).
I'm assuming Nancy Chambers (Singer) left the show because she's pregnant with her and DJE's second kid in real life. Grizzly way to go though. Thought they were trying to one up the CSIs with that body.

I agree with the earlier poster who would watch a Mark Harmon show in HD. I've always enjoyed his acting. I also found that spin-off episode last night to be incredibly tense, considering that we know Harm didn't - and won't be found guilty of - murder. It did remind me of the CSI episode that spun off Miami last year in that there were about 10-15 minutes of the regular cast and the rest of the show taken up by the newbies.

·
Registered
1,050 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by DonBerg
Well now you're just taking all the fun out of the rampant speculation if you read the guide data. :D

·
Registered
2,020 Posts
seems like the put some of "The Agency" in there too, with the whole kidnapping of the terrorist dude...But I have to say, I will probably watch it :)

·
Registered
1,260 Posts
I want them to bring back Cop Rock in HDTV.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.