Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
 LINK-> DVI Wins Multi-Industry Support

Okay, with all the swirling outcome of agreed (mixed) standards , am I still safe to invest in the RCA 38310? The DVI issue would not effect this model with the internal receiver and no signal out, yes? Maybe change the card as some new "benefit" is announced, but she's not destined for six month replacement upon delivery?

Any insight would be appreciated. I've been looking to dip a toe into HDTV waters for some time and now I'm unsure if I sould wait longer. If CNN placed this industry about-face in front of a larger audience, it could create a great deal of distrust with the format. . .

·
Registered
43 Posts
I'm all new to this HD stuff but from what I understand you will ge safe with a RCA 38310.I have one and I love it when it receives a HD signal(480P is really good to) but otherwise its so so.For the money you' can't go wrong.

·
Registered
LG 55" C9 OLED, Yamaha RX-A660, Monoprice 5.1.2 Speakers, WMC HTPC, TiVo Bolt, X1
45,617 Posts
It remains unclear, because the RCA has the DTC-100 in it. If DirecTV starts to modify HD programming, I'm not sure they will be able to differentiate between standalone units and all in one RCA HDTV's.

The same can be said for every other HDTV with DirecTV built in to it. And that also goes for the vaunted Mitsu promise module sets.

Bottom line is that it's too soon to really know just what will happen as the various copy protection systems are implemented.

There are a number of different opinions on how this will all turn out, ranging from nothing but 480i to recording/timeshifting 1080i & 720p at will, but right now it's all speculation.

------------------

"Better living thru modern, expensive electronics devices"

tm

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.