AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
5,034 Posts
Yes, very very questionable at best, but the price alone tells me he's seriously trying to screw someone.

No one will pay that anyway would they? Can you actually receive $15,000 via paypal? How much would paypal's cut be?

Troy

·
Registered
9,398 Posts
It's looks ok to me. Of course if I were buying it, I would pick it up. The only thing is if it's worth $15,000. There is no mention of how many hours are on it.

Bruce

·
Registered
5,001 Posts
It looks like the person just copied the text from another advertisement. Since there is only one picture, and it looks like it is straight from Sony's website, I am thinking the seller does not actually have one (sell it on eBay and then buy it later?). I'm voting scam on this one.

Later,

Bill

·
Registered
9,398 Posts
To me, a scam is when you get NOTHING. My test is if I can pick it up AND PAY THEN.

Bruce

·
Registered
5,034 Posts
Aside from the asking price, how many folks do you know that could afford a projector like that, but would waste their time selling $1 items on ebay for any reason at all?

Anyone earning any kind of living would not bother with stuff like that, it makes absolutely no sense at all as it isn't worth the time or trouble. The only reason that makes any sense is to create feedback.

Troy

·
Registered
722 Posts
It looks like the person just copied the text from another advertisement. Since there is only one picture, and it looks like it is straight from Sony's website, I am thinking the seller does not actually have one (sell it on eBay and then buy it later?). I'm voting scam on this one.

Whats so bad about that? If that happens be sure not to "*****" about it on avs forum.

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
Hey madclammer,

You did get a projector didn't you?

·
Registered
722 Posts
Its a projector yes but it looks like it has cought fire a couple of times when you take the cover off and two of the lenses have no flapping and two of the tubes have text burn covering 30% of the tube face and the brightness is about 70% of my 9PG. But ya its a projector. The seller has graciously offered to trade me for another one in better condition so Im not angry/mad anymore.

·
Registered
4,815 Posts
I'm still not clear on why the clammers post was closed, yeah there was a lot of bitching about a deal that was risky in the first place but 50% of the posts here invlove someone bitching about something.:p It's still not clear whether one of the posts praising the seller was some kind of set-up? I wonder if the seller contacted the moderator and demanded the thread shut-down? Don't want to flog a dead horse here but can anyone elaborate on which forum rules were broken or who's toes were stepped on?

·
Registered
722 Posts
Good questions. wish i knew the answers. Only thing i can think is when i got into it with terry I know he has considerable pull around here. And im not implying that he doesnt deserve it just giving my best guesse.

·
Registered
4,916 Posts
You have got to be kidding madclammer.

First of all I didn't "get into it" with you. Just stated my opinion like anyone else around here, and left it at that.

I asked no one to do anything with your thread, nor would I.

Your implications towards me are uncalled for.

You are going on my ignor list immediately.

Terry

·
Registered
722 Posts
Terry for what its worth i apologise. I feel I owe you much as do all who post here for your contributions past present and future to this forum and the crt hobby/industry. I dont blame you one bit for putting me on any list. I acted like a child. Again I appologise to you and everyone else for being so selfish and immature.

otis.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.