1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can you help me?

Hi,

At the “power on†my NEC 6PG go in STD-By mode and show “F8â€

Only if I lift the CA connector on the C drive, the pj power on correctly.

After a few seconds, I turn off the PJ and reconnect the CA, then I switch on and the PJ are ok!

After this, If I leave it on std-by mode, I can switch-on and switch-off many times and the PJ work correctly. But if I remove the power cord or switch off the Power button, and leave many hours off, When I try to switch-on, after a few seconds this go in std-by mode and shows “F8†again!

The STK chips, on the C drive looks ok, I replace them last year.

What I can do??

Thanks in advice and......sorry for my english

:)

ciao

Marco

·
Registered
18,506 Posts
Change them again, it's probably the same problem.

Curt

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Curt,

now I'm searching another couple of STK chips, and next week I try to change them.

But no understand because the pj, after a first time to power up, run correctly?

Is possible a problem in the stability of the DC voltage of the Power supply?

In other words, can a fault PS shows a "F8" error?

Thanks a lot

Marco

·
Registered
18,506 Posts
NO, I have not seen that before. You need to make sure that you use a lot of heat sink compound between the chips and the metal, those chips run really hot...

Curt

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I've repalce the two STK chips on a C-Drive,

I replace a fews Rubycon black caps with a news Elna 105° too.

But the "F8" error continue flash!

If I lift the CA connector the pj runs well!!

How some more tests can I do???

Thanks

Marco

·
Registered
2,766 Posts
I have a similar problem - C board works perfectly in another projector, but I get F8 error on the other *with the SAME C Board* I hope someone has an answer.

Otherwise Marco, check the solder connections on the rest of the board maybe?

I am seriously considering replacing the aluminium 'heatsink' plate on the bottom of the c-board with copper. The local engineering shop can make me up a copper plate to suit. This should drastically reduce the temperature at the STK chips. Would anyone else be interested in these? It may be cheaper to get a 'job lot' made up rather than just two.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thank you Dokworm,

unfurtunately I don't have any PJ and any C- board for testing!

I've tested the connectors on CA cable to the motherboard, and I check the solders but I haven't seen anything!

For the 'heatsink', I think to add one on the top of the PJ, over the C and F-drive, with the pj ceiling.

ciao!

Marco

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
in another thread Curt Palme write:

"Check the power supply rails that go to that boiard, +/- 35 volts or so. They need to match, or there will be DC offset that will set off the F 8 error."

I test the voltages and at the pin 1 of the CP connector (brown wire) is -37,8vdc and at the pin 2 (white wire) is +36,9vdc.

These voltages are with te CP connector lift.

Can this cause the problem??

Thanks

marco

·
Registered
8,079 Posts
Dokworm, did you sort that weird C drive error out? Was it the voltage regulator? Was this JSP's one or yours?

·
Registered
2,766 Posts
It was the F board!?!? I don't understand why, but swapping out the F board solved the problem.

This was with the PG. not the plus.

I repaired JSP's plus C Board and got it working A-OK, and sent it back last week, haven't heard from him though as to how he went with it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.