AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Twice in two days now I have missed shows because my replay has been frozen / crashed / locked up. Once the main instruction screen was displayed, and once it was frozen live video from the night before. Both times, it would not respond to the remote.

I also noticed that twice now I've had to kick start the network interface by changing the ip address to something else, and then back again for it to do a successful net connect. Even reseting with the power switch wouldn't fix it. For example, I try to do a net connect (because I noticed it hadn't been connecting), and the manual net connect wouldn't work. I tried to ping the ip address of the replay, no response. I reset the ip address on the replay to one less, and then back again, and then it works. And no, there are no conflicting ip addresses.

Anyone else seeing things like this?

At what point does is this equation true?

Want ReplayTV functionality - no lockups - want more functionality (live web interface and other goodies) = build a box myself

On a not very related note, I think SBLU is wasting some great resources by not opening some of the architecture details to the community. Want to have the equivalent of TiVangelists? Q.) What can ReplayTV do that TiVo can't? A.) Anything / everything if we were able to contribute to the development.

I say this as someone that owns three Rio Car's (empegs), the community there has created great things for the player, because it's much more open source. Complete with xml based web interfaces to the data on the unit for streaming songs over the network.

[edit:add-on] In fact, I just remembered that I can even program my GoVideo dual deck VCR live over the Internet. Granted, that's because I bought the developers kit, built a COM component and hooked it in through my web server, but still. I can program (or control in any way) my VCR live! I should be able to program the RTV live [edit]

Chris

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.