AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK I need help deciding between these two sets. They basically are the same price with rebates/discounts...neither is in stock but I expect both to be in stock prior to the Superbowl
My goal was to buy the best/cheapest 42" Plasma or LCD...

LG

Pros:

Better? SD picture

2 Year warranty

Nice all black frame

Slightly cheaper after rebates

Cons:

Only 1 HDMI port

Lower native resolution (1024 x 768)

Hitachi:

Pros:

3 HDMI ports

1080i native resolution (does that matter?)

Cablecard ready

Swivel base

Cons:

Silver frame

Flicker issue (resolved?)

That's what I see - so help me get off the fence?

·
Registered
34 Posts
Picked up the 42P3CD last Friday and couldnt be happier. Great price, great sound, great looking, and great picture. The 2 year warranty is certainly a nice feature as well.

It also has a QAM tuner (doesnt appear that the Hitachi does.) Not sure if QAM is something you need, but I have basic analog cable service right now and am picking up 6-8 high definition channels as well as 20 or so digital audio channels (all for no extra charge of course.)

You can always get a HDMI switcher for ~$100 if necessary, and I doubt the extra resolution of the Hitachi will be noticable unless you are sitting very close and/or using a Blu-Ray, HD-DVD or PS3 device.

Note: I havent directly compared the two sets, but those are my thoughts on the subject.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.