AVS Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm having some trouble choosing the right receiver for my HT and hoping the experts here can help a bit. I'll list my components and hopefully you guys can point me in the right direction.

-PS3 as blu-ray/game system

-Streaming audio thing from logitech

-42" 1080p LCD

-KEF KHT 3005 system & 2 JBL satellites for rear surround (7.1 system)

*NOTE* The kef 250W dual 10" sub has no gain on the sub itself, and thus presents problems with some of the receivers

I've demo'd the onkyo 804 & denon 887 with this arrangement and had difficulties with both:

Onkyo: Can't receive 7.1 or 6.1 uncompressed audio from the PS3, has problems running 1080p hdmi thru it

Denon: Sounds a lot worse than the onkyo - can't get it to really drive the sub the way the onkyo does.

Budget: ~$1000

I'm hoping some folks around here can provide a little guidance as to what to demo or purchase.

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
878 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by coeus /forum/post/0

Is there any noticeable sound improvements when moving from say the 887 to the 987 or 2807?

don't know, but i scared the #### out of my cat last night with the bass from watching LOTR

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by dakar80124 /forum/post/0

I've had 3 Yamaha Receivers, and had a Kenwood and JVC before them. I love Yamaha's sound and features. I recommend Yamaha to anyone looking for a Receiver and they have about 20 models to choose from.

I have an 5 yr old Yamaha HTR as my last receiver. I love the sound and the features, the thing that sux is no where around my has them to audition.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.