AVS Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,797 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Howdy! I'm currently looking to upgrade from my dual Klipsch RW-12d subs and I *think* I have it narrowed down to two subs. My room deminsions are 11.4' x 25' x 8.5' (w/ 1' x 1.5' tray ceiling). I want to continue running dual subs and both subs must remain behind my false wall (please see my theater in my sig) and must offer the at least the same output in SPL as the Klipsch, or better. What I am looking to gain is a cleaner sound and a deeper extension. The Klipsch do put out some good bass, especially a few feet out from the stage and the rear of the room (I still need to play with placement and bass trapping), but I'm looking for a better sub.

The subs I've been highly considering are 2x PC12-NSD 's or 2x Epik Empire subs. I personally like the cylinder subs... Just a personal preference. Both subs are in my budget and from the massive amounts of searching I've done on the forum, they're pretty close in performance... Maybe the Empire's might have more output?

If I had to put a price on the upgrade of two subs, I think $1,500 is fair. I am also open to other suggestions. I also already have a Anti-Mode 8033c. As far as use: 50%-movies / 45%-gaming / 5%-music.

I'm not interested in eD... I've purchased from them before.

·
Banned
8,744 Posts
I would make the stretch for the new Hsu VTF-15H. It costs a little more but it gets you a big increase in performance. If you don't want to make that stretch, check out the Outlaw Audio LFM-1 EX, which is on sale today for 650, free shipping, and free wireless signal transmitter. That is a hell of a deal.

·
Banned
8,744 Posts
The Outlaw will be on par with the PC12-NSD with regards to performance, but cost less, although it won't have quite as much output as the Empire. Outlaw is also throwing in a free wireless transmitter in a sale, the OAW3, which is a $150 value. If you didn't want that wireless option you could just sell the wireless transmitter for quite a bit and save even more money. If money is tight, this is a great deal, a very good SPL/$ ratio. The LFM series are terrific subs.

·
Registered
102 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by yamahaSHO /forum/post/19547185

The VTF-15H looks nice, but that'll be over $2k after shipping. Why would you recommend the Outlaw over the other two I'm looking at?

I just ordered mine it was about 1080.00 shipped. Still waiting. Should be here next thur or friday. This sub should shake your house

·
Premium Member
7,271 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by yamahaSHO
I'm currently warming up the idea of two VTF-15H's to the wife.... We'll see. I honestly think two of the SVS would do well if they're any bit better than the RW-12d's they'd be replacing.
I think the pc12's would be a great upgrade. One was overkill in my 1800cft room so 2 should give you what your looking for.

·
Registered
1,797 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
That's good feedback. As nice as those HSU's look, I don't know that I need to spend over $2k to get the sound I want. With the extra 10% off with SVS right now (+5% for buying duals?), I can get two PC12-NSD's for pretty cheap. At that price, I could upgrade to four total later.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts