AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, after much deliberation I finally took the plunge and bought the HS-10, thanks to all of the AVS members who helped make this an enlightened decision. This is my favorite board and a wellspring of knowledge. Thanks to Allen for allowing all of us AV freaks a place to meet and exchange ideas. Thanks again! –Matt

PS—Can anyone suggest a site for good, cheap cables?

·
Registered
304 Posts
 http://www.bluejeanscable.com/

Definately paying for a quality product here, and not a name.

Congrats on the HS10. Also, be sure to look around on this forum for tweaks and adjustments to make to your HS10 for the best picture quality.

·
Registered
1,665 Posts
Besides bluejeanscable.com (which I agree is good and reasonable), if you want more flexible and easier-to-install cables, you may also want to visit svideo.com . I ran 75 feet of their component and S-video cables, and see no detectable degradation of image quality whatsoever.

·
Registered
860 Posts
I also used s-video.com for my component cables (I think sushi was one of reasons why). I am very happy with my pq using the 30' component cable. I really like the fact they use the ultra thin 75 ohm cabling--makes it easy to run cable (I run my cables under a rug to pj on back wall). The shipping was free and the cable got to me in two days (USPS).

I got my 5m DVI cable from pacificcable.com as they seemed to offer a very good price/quality ratio. They also shipped item immediately but using FedEx. Because of no Saturday delivery, I didn't get cable until Monday (5 days).

Would definitely use both companies again...

·
Registered
4,907 Posts
Congrats Mike - The HS10 has an impressive picture out of the box, but the more you tweak, the better it gets. CC40r filter, high contrast gray screen, and changing the rgb settings as posted here on the board are all highly recommended. Enjoy!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.