AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
3,025 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Life is good… and business isn’t too bad either…

Well, I’m back again, but this time with a new announcement that makes me happy beyond words. As av123 prepares to move to the next level in the coming months with products and programs that are bound to delight everyone… I pause for this moment to bring something of great import to your attention.

This industry (and our business) brings me great joy practically all of the time. You get to meet some wonderful people, and enjoy a level of “pure happiness†not normally associated with “workâ€. I’ve had numerous encounters with end users that have turned into friendships for life. I STILL communicate with customers from my very early days as a salesman at Woodland Stereo Center (in Woodland Hills, California) some 30 + years ago. I was a young pup of 15 when I started at Woodland, and today being my 46th birthday… well you do the math…

My best birthday gift is announcing the arrival of a new teammate… and it’s a friend most of you know. I began communicating with Sean Parque (you all know him mostly as Archrr) many months ago… and special relationship ensued. Sean and I chatted away for hours… mostly from airports around the world when I had some time before flights. I just somehow knew after our very first conversation together that Sean would somehow be involved in our business… and in our lives. Fortunately, I was right…

Sean is completely unique individual… he is his own “person†in the truest definition of the word. Sean is a humble man, with great skills and a superior desire to bring joy to people, and be part of a successful team. I welcome Sean…as does everyone here at Perpetual Technologies / av123. Just as we were humbled by Russell’s desire to serve his family as he has done, we are dearly blessed to find Sean and welcome him into our “homeâ€â€¦ This is a great day for all of us here…

These really are good days for all of us at av123… we have new teammate that will bring his joy, desire, and formidable skill-sets to our team… and help us to grow to the next level… You’ll see Sean over these next few months being involved in new ideas and areas of thinking that will benefit all of us. He’s the right man, at just the right time.

May I ask you all to welcome an old friend, Sean P, (better known as Archrr) to our house, (or is it YOUR house). Please join me in wishing Sean all the very best this opportunity can bring (for all of us)… and I thank all of you… here and now… for your continued support and best wishes…

With a thankful heart…

mls

·
Registered
183 Posts
Hey, that's great. Archrr always had some great advice. Now he'll be liable for it ! LOL :)

anyways congrats. and good luck!

All the best,

Harlan

·
Registered
448 Posts
Welcome Sean!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
Congratulations Sean,

Now that you're in an official position of advise giving, I have the following questions:

1. How do I go about suspending my 4.1's from the ceiling, horizontally, above my couch?

2. How many Diva tweeter housings equal the mass of a standard Frisbee?

3. I'd like to attach a hose to the port on my left 6.1 and vacuum my dogs while listening to music. What titles do you recommend that will make the woofers only move outward, but not cause the dogs to howl like they do at Barbara Streisand selections?

:D

Seriously, good luck to you at AV123-Land. May this be a long and prosperous partnership for all involved. :)

Happy B-Day, Mark!

·
Registered
1,780 Posts
Well that answers my question that I replied to in the other thread.

:D congratulations:D congratulations:D congratulations:D congratulations:D

Harley

·
Registered
136 Posts
Way to go Sean! Congrats man, you deserve it. Best of luck in your new position.

Happy Birthday Mark!

·
Registered
448 Posts
Any other openings?

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
BW, those are just too easy.

1. Use 3M 8115 Panel Adhesive. This stuff is used instead of welding on seveal car panels these days.

2. 42 (not really, but I really like the number forty-two)

3. That is an extremely interesting use of the Divas Wally, nice job. I'd get some dryer exhaust hose and slowly reduce the diameter by using no less than 12,000 nylon ties. Each one should be 1mm small in diameter than the other to achive the proper velocity characteristics for the aforementioned vaccuming. As for getting the woofers to move in only one direction, cut one of the leads to each woofer (duh).

I hope I've answered your questions Mr. Large...er, BigWally.

Sean

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
Ahh that proves it! You're the right man for the job.

"As for getting the woofers to move in only one direction, cut one of the leads to each woofer (duh)." ROTFLMAO!

·
Registered
448 Posts
42, reminds me of Hitchikers Guide, I assume I am not the only one to remember this.

·
Registered
403 Posts
Glad to see you made it over to Colorado and are settling in. You were definitely the "man to see" in the Bay Area and we are sad to lose you. Our loss is Colorado (and the World's) gain. Good luck! :)

·
Registered
488 Posts
congrats sean!!!!!

you will be sorley missed!!!

i can't believe i move out to cali from colorado, then you move to colorado!

lol!

you are a great friend as you know! and you better keep in touch! :)

i can tell you soooo much about colorado. like the secret camp spots and all!

also happy birthday to mark s.!!! -- i'm, bummed you took my bud away! :)

but you guys will rock the audio planet.

congrats sean again, and keep in touch!

your colorado pal, -"b"

·
Registered
319 Posts
Wow! That is some news.

Congrats, Sean!

Happy B-Day Mark.

Seeing as how Colorado is great snowboarding country and the Diva's are so durable, can we assume you are working on a secret project to make the Diva line of snowboards? ;)

·
Registered
674 Posts
YAY!! We have an ********** guy to bug over Aol IM and ICQ! WOOHOO!!

It's about time they started existing on instant message chats, so we can bug them that way, lol....

Anyway, Congradulations Sean and Happy birthday, Mark!

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
Oh yes. Personally, I don't know if I will be able to wait until next winter to

check out the riding here...I hear it's super sweet :D

Thanks for the warm welcome guys.

·
Registered
674 Posts
Goodconsumer.....

*blinks*

What are you smoking, and can I have some?

P.S. Archrr, we *will* see you officially representin' on AIM and ICQ, right? Or will it always be 'the personal non-business you' on those programs?

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
I'm still considering ICQ/AIM etc...though I automatically check my e-mail every ten minutes so I don't imagine you would go w/o a response for long...but I still haven't ruled it out. I'm guessing you like the idea? :D

·
Registered
3,025 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Quote:
Originally posted by goodconsumer
Wow! That is some news.

Congrats, Sean!

Happy B-Day Mark.

Seeing as how Colorado is great snowboarding country and the Diva's are so durable, can we assume you are working on a secret project to make the Diva line of snowboards? ;)
Oh... dude...

Who told YOU...

All the best...

mls

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.