AVS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 1151 Posts

·
Registered
5,380 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
126db @ 16Hz.... at least according to WinISD...

Thought I would post this up here vs chronicling it in my Doha thread, simply because I'd rather kick it over here with my DIY crew.

Looking back on my last major build, it was pretty easy to see that it was very impractical for 99% of the people out there. I figured I'd keep the trend going for my next build. The WAF battle is always a difficult struggle, but I'm fortunate to come out on top for the most part. I think my wife secretly likes seeing the look on peoples face when they turn a corner and see some MASSIVE bass towers staring them down.

This go around I have two (2) SI24's that will be powered by a LG FP14K (the clone, not the really expensive OEM version) and I'm planning 30ft^3 boxes tuned to 16Hz in two (2) different form factors. Hoping both boxes will give me solid capability around 130db from 16Hz up in my new space.

Oh yeah, I should mention that the new space I am attempting to pressurize is closer to 17,000ft^3. Planning on Crowson's doing the heavy lifting below port tune for some solid full bandwidth fun!

·
Registered
5,380 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
WinISD Sims

Here is the sim of a single box. Since each box is planned to have the same internal volume, just add +6db to the sim to account for duals. If anyone sees any room for improvement, please do not hesitate to chime in.

SI24 >30ft^3 >16Hz tune>4400 watts

SI24 TSP's used in WinISD.

You may notice that these TSP's differ both from the SI website AND from what @Ricci posted up on DB. Well, I attempted to input the information exactly as SI has published them, but WinISD would not accept the information. Then I attempted to input the information exactly as posted on DB, but WinISD would not accept the information. After fiddling with it for a while, the TSP's posted are the WinISD corrected TSP's. If they are blatantly wrong then someone let me know how I can fix them.

SPL:

Excursion & Filters:

Post Velocity & Dimensions

Amp load:

As you can see, with the filters in place, my amp isn't going to be able to to quite handle the output at 16Hz, but if I drop it just a touch, I'm hoping she will handle it without any clipping drama.

As soon as I can figure out how to post up the WinISD file here to share, I will do so.

·
Registered
21,319 Posts

seems like a great idea. going a little larger if possible on the cab, but with winisd, I'm sure you've looked at the tradeoffs. something around a 6x24 inch port is probably a good compromise between keeping air velocity down and first port resonance up. looking forward to it. were you thinking about side porting? obviously want to keep the ports from blowing on the screen if using a.t.s.

Attachments

·
Registered
197 Posts
:DFeels like this with these type of threads:D

·
Registered
21,319 Posts
"Soon we will see a spare room turned into the enclosure"

at least 3 off the top of my head--kryptonitewhite, beastaudio, and mktheater.

1 - 20 of 1151 Posts