AVS Forum banner

281 - 300 of 1151 Posts

·
Registered
1,725 Posts
Progress.

Sometimes you gotta dominate.
[/URL]
Man, that should be called Gargantuan. Gravitational shifts on that sucker will be...corny joke in 3,2,1... 'Interstellar' Perhaps you can help me build one of those when you get back. And that very cool beard shall be called...Mini-me. My no-shave November started in August ;)

·
Bass Enabler
21,530 Posts
Man, that should be called Gargantuan. Gravitational shifts on that sucker will be...corny joke in 3,2,1... 'Interstellar' Perhaps you can help me build one of those when you get back. And that very cool beard shall be called...Mini-me. My no-shave November started in August ;)
Austin's wife came close to Gargantuan for a minute. When she came back Austin was much older, bearded and yelling at the ceiling. 7 years had passed. :eek:

·
Registered
5,380 Posts
Discussion Starter #289
Is this monster buttoned up yet!?!?
Not quite. Should have the front baffle completed today. Also came up with a make shift solution to recess my speakon as to suit my specific needs. I'll try to get a pic of it up for you guys later today.

Not anticipating having this ready to fire up for at least a few weeks because I'm still waiting on a few things to be delivered from the states.

·
Registered
4,769 Posts
Not quite. Should have the front baffle completed today. Also came up with a make shift solution to recess my speakon as to suit my specific needs. I'll try to get a pic of it up for you guys later today.

Not anticipating having this ready to fire up for at least a few weeks because I'm still waiting on a few things to be delivered from the states.

What do you expect when you live in BFDoha

Sent using Tapatalk since the mobile version is still

·
Registered
261 Posts
I just burst out laughing on a work telecon, wasn't expecting this photo.

I think the person speaking was slightly offended, luckily I out-rank him.
How many cubic ft. is this sub and is there a thread that someone can post the link to?

·
Registered
5,380 Posts
Discussion Starter #292
Ok,

I was able to get a little bit more prep work completed last night and I believe I am in a good position to attach the front baffle tonight.

Given the way I designed and assembled this box, a lot depends on how well everything lines up to connect to the front baffle. There were several panels needed to be sanded down to ensure a proper seal. Here is what I am referring to...

The red line represents the important areas of the box that are required to be sealed.
that act as contact points

All of the other surface areas that you see (port slots, braces, etc...) will act as contact points. It's important that none of those "contact points" pertrude further than the panels idenditifed with the red line, otherwise they would foul up the entire seal. Make sense? While I understand, this is a vended box, I still want to ensure I do not have any leaks in the box itself.

That said, the front baffle itself is too large to manipulate easily. What I did was cut a the piece of ply that you see in the pic above and used it to gauge what I needed to modify (sand) to ensure a proper seal. After a bit of sanding, I was able to get a very tight fit:

Everything should seal up nicely now. :D

·
Registered
5,380 Posts
Discussion Starter #293
How many cubic ft. is this sub and is there a thread that someone can post the link to?
The box you see in the pic with @beastaudio, was built by him (on the fly) to accomodate a GTG he was hosting. IIRC it was roughly 15ft^3 with ample internal bracing. No thread on the box itself exsists... Last I recall, the box was shipped out to @Ricci for him to test the 24" on Data Bass... Alas, being 1/2 way around the world, I've lost track of what's going on with that...

·
Registered
875 Posts
Looks good Pop, I can't wait to see it up and running! Just thought I'd throw out that I started using this adhesive for sealing subs. This stuff is ridiculous, it doesn't expand and get bubbly like regular PL, it's adhesive properties are stupid and it seals like a mo fo. I even fixed a leaky dustcap with it. The only drawback is it takes a couple days to cure. I know you probably have trouble getting things like this where you are but if you can, check it out. I hope you didn't have too hard a time finding a good deal on a 240V amp.

·
Registered
5,380 Posts
Discussion Starter #296
Looks good Pop, I can't wait to see it up and running! Just thought I'd throw out that I started using this adhesive for sealing subs. This stuff is ridiculous, it doesn't expand and get bubbly like regular PL, it's adhesive properties are stupid and it seals like a mo fo. I even fixed a leaky dustcap with it. The only drawback is it takes a couple days to cure. I know you probably have trouble getting things like this where you are but if you can, check it out. I hope you didn't have too hard a time finding a good deal on a 240V amp.
Thanks for the suggestion. I'll have to look into that. Is it sandable?

I'm sure I will be able to find it on Amazon Prime and they will be able to ship it to me. I have no complaints with the glue that I've always used, but other options are nice to have, especially something a lot thicker than regular wood glue.

Regarding the 240V amp... Yeah, I can get Sanway to ship a clone out to me for about $1K, but I am weighing other options. Speaking of which, does the A14K come with a 240v option? It would be nice to start distancing myself from the clones sooner than later, and the A14K still seems to represent one of the best values out there even at under $2K shipped.

Any potential of a A10KQ in the not too distant future?

·
Registered
5,542 Posts
The box you see in the pic with @beastaudio, was built by him (on the fly) to accomodate a GTG he was hosting. IIRC it was roughly 15ft^3 with ample internal bracing. No thread on the box itself exsists... Last I recall, the box was shipped out to @Ricci for him to test the 24" on Data Bass... Alas, being 1/2 way around the world, I've lost track of what's going on with that...
Your guess is as good as mine. I haven't heard anything from Nick in months. Last email didn't get a reply.

·
Registered
749 Posts
Regarding the 240V amp... Yeah, I can get Sanway to ship a clone out to me for about $1K, but I am weighing other options. Speaking of which, does the A14K come with a 240v option? It would be nice to start distancing myself from the clones sooner than later, and the A14K still seems to represent one of the best values out there even at under $2K shipped.

I am pretty sure that Bosso's A14Ks are 110/240v but it might be worth a post in Madaeel's thread on DB as Bosso should see it :)

·
Registered
8,594 Posts

You specify when ordering, 120 or 240. I believe it can be switched after the fact, but not with a simple switch.

281 - 300 of 1151 Posts