AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I found these forums when I ran into a problem outputting my laptop to my projection tv.

I had bought a VGA to 3 RCA Plug cable thinking RGB and Y/Pr/Pb was the same thing (come on the jacks are the same color)

After it didn't work and a lot of research I'm still a little lost.

I have a Dell Inspiron 6400 with a ATI x1400 running WindowsMCE

I read the thread : HOWTO v2.0: YPrPb component output on any Radeon for under $5 {showthread.php?t=212199}

According to ATI the x1400 chip supports YPbPr But unless I missed something its going to mess up the picture om my internal display and or not display anything on my tv.

So I figured a transcoder was the best way to go.

I also read : DIY Component --> VGA converter (Component transcoder) {showthread.php?t=310247}

And noticed Beun said "The DIY VGA to component transcoder is a very successful thread that is still going on in finishing the PCI version."

I searched for this thread but was unable to find it.

I did find a schematic signed ChaN @ Electronic Lives Mfg.

The problem I have with it is the inputs/outputs

Inputs: R. G, B, Video

Video?? I expected HSync and VSync

Output: Y, Cr, Cb

Can YCrCb and YPrPb be interchanged?

·
Registered
6,657 Posts
I'm pretty sure what you need a transcoder. I bought mine a few years ago through Digitalconnection.com, and I suspect they still have them.

Note that your notebook's video system probably isn't upto doing HD.

·
Registered
1 Posts
The best version for you would be the external box transcoder, that he designed, and posted all necesary compnents, schematic, and board layout. However it would cost about the same to build it as to buy it from him. I am trying to reduce my cost of building one, without much success. I'm working with an engineer on his soare time to modify the design to drop the price. These parts need a good ground plane, so I would have to send out to get a board made.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.