AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since I have posted the progress of getting my LT-150, I am now legally obligated to notify all of you that it arrived!

I had to go back to work right after picking it up, so at work we shot Jurassic Park small onto a very bumpy wall. The reaction - WOW!

At home I held the projector in the place I wanted to put it and had pre-measured to be right - the picture exactly fits where I want it! Who needs a zoom, when NEC so kindly designed their projector exactly for my living room...

I put the projector down low for the time being and centered it on the wall I will be projecting on until I can afford a better surface. I hooked up my Compaq laptop running Compaq's DVD player for now.

I then fired up Jurrasic Park again with a 9 foot wide screen this time. After that the opening sequence of Contact, then much of Pulp Fiction. My copy of The Fifth Element is out on loan - bummer!

The picture this tiny piece of equipment puts out is amazing. A friend of mine and I kept making comments about how realistic wood grain in the background looked and how deep the picture looked in Pulp Fiction when Vincent Vega is driving to pick up Mia.

I like white segment off and like everyone else Natural 1 gamma looks dead-on in colors while Normal and Natural 2 look too washed out and cartoony respectively.

Truly worth the money, now for some bad news for me.

Turns out that I am slightly susceptible to rainbows. I see them every 5 minutes or so during scene transitions and if something contrasty moves in the picture and I am not looking at that part of the picture.

However, I think my brain is learning to ignore some of these rainbows or my settings are better because I am seeing less of them as time goes on.

My wife is out visiting her sisters and will be back tomorrow - then the real testing begins...

And since I haven't seen this anywhere, IBM's 340MB microdrive doesn't fit in the compact flash slot - damn!

drewman

·
Registered
628 Posts
I got mine last night too. Same experiance as you...WOW. I put in Toy Story 2 first to watch the opening scene and was blown away with the colors this little thing produces. Its a very sharp and detailed picture too coming from my Pc with its 64mb ati card. Its not as loud as I thought it would be either. You guys all had me thinking it would sound like a jet engine lol. However THIS THING GETS HOT!!!

I mean throw a raw steak on top of it and you give a whole new meaning to the term "TV dinner".

Jokes aside I want to say that I purchased this unseen but I did see about a half a dozen others before while doing the research. I do see the damn rainbows but I dont think its to the point of being an issue. I wish nobody here had ever mentioned them cause thats all I look for now http://www.avsforum.com/ubb/smile.gif Mine is projecting onto a wall as well for now and I have only shut of the white seg as far as calibrating it. Its a great little pj and It will make me happy til the 3 chip anti rainbow models come down in price.

Thanks to Grant and all the rest who gave honest reviews on this little guy. Now I just gotta build a room around it http://www.avsforum.com/ubb/smile.gif

------------------

Gonna name my HT "Tooth and Nails" for the battle my wife is putting up against it.

[This message has been edited by CV63 (edited 08-08-2001).]

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.