AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since i mounted my marquee 8500 on the ceiling, strange things happens.

Some examples: sometimes red shifts on the left and realigns by itself; press util on the remote and pj goes in standby mode (must press stby to come back an image); image disappears for less than a second and comes back (like a loss of sync); last night i powered up and found windows desktop reddish: powering down and re-powering up, everything was fine.

I resetted pj and recalibrate all and it seemed to solve all issues but, after some time, they come back.

Because i'm still testing, i use to change many paramenters (raster position, size, phase, geometry) and save always on the same recall memory: is it possible issues are related to that?

Some advice?

Since the pj was on the table, it was ok. Those issues started after ceiling mount.

Ciao. Aurelio

·
Registered
2,861 Posts
That and the HDM since it is ceiling mounted. Also put a small space in between the cover and the edge of the HDM board to keep it tight.

·
Registered
4,801 Posts
Guys!

The modules talk to each other on a data bus across the backplane; some Marquee control modules were susceptible to noise bursts that would garble the settings; check R35 on the control board, a surface mount resistor towards the back left; if 470 ohms (marked "471") replace it with a 3300 ohm surface mount resistor. Anyone needing a 3300 ohmer can e.mail me with their address, no charge to mail you one. Do read this also: http://www.htprojectors.com/reviews/...CRTchassis.htm

·
Registered
2,861 Posts
Read it....

Hell, I printed it and put it in a binder with the previous one. I named it Tim's Marquee Manual. I am hoping there will be at least monthly updates that I can print and add to it as well!

·
Registered
194 Posts
Thanks Tim:

It is an excellent Idea, and my folder also has been ready since last year, when you posted the pictures on Marquee's internal organ.

for people like me a picture is worth a few pages.

Thanks a lot

abshar

·
Registered
4,801 Posts
Guys!

There is much more in the works, a redesigned E-Tech website coming soon.....:)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.