AVS Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5,101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was just wondering if there is a particularly good media player that has regular streaming features (amazon, vudu, pandora) but also does exceptionally well for music listening. Perhaps allowing album art as well.

I love my dune which plays my blu-ray rips great but Im thinking of adding something for streaming, incase i need a back up selection if theres nothing on tv, and nothing really in our dune library we want to watch.

But i would also like this player to provide proper music audio for flac files, as well as album art.

Is there something I should look at (besides apple, i dont want to be a slave to itunes, i use foobar.)

·
Registered
3,125 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Murilo
I was just wondering if there is a particularly good media player that has regular streaming features (amazon, vudu, pandora) but also does exceptionally well for music listening. Perhaps allowing album art as well.

I love my dune which plays my blu-ray rips great but Im thinking of adding something for streaming, incase i need a back up selection if theres nothing on tv, and nothing really in our dune library we want to watch.

But i would also like this player to provide proper music audio for flac files, as well as album art.

Is there something I should look at (besides apple, i dont want to be a slave to itunes, i use foobar.)
The Dune works extremely well for audio. Try the program called Musicnizer to create the jukebox interface for the Dune. I have all of my audio, including hi-res multichannel files going through my Dune.

·
Registered
5,101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have musicnizer but have not paid the 40 dollars for the full version yet, and would stick to the dune if it was not for me wanting some streaming options as well.

However since the dune does not have netflix, amazon, pandora, I am looking at keeping my dune just for blu-ray.

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
The Dune cannot play audio without inserting gaps between tracks. I just can't bear to listen to it.

I don't know about the Roku, but I suspect it has the same problem, as almost all streamers do this wrong.

·
Registered
5,101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Does roku support flac and album art?

Also hopefully does not sample to 48khz like i hear boxee box does?

·
Registered
3,125 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkHotchkiss /forum/post/20800855

The Dune cannot play audio without inserting gaps between tracks. I just can't bear to listen to it.

I don't know about the Roku, but I suspect it has the same problem, as almost all streamers do this wrong.

If you create the disk as a single wav, flac or img file then use a .cue file, there is no gap

·
Registered
1,471 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlknez /forum/post/20801314

If you create the disk as a single wav, flac or img file then use a .cue file, there is no gap

Hi Mlknez,

I knew that was true with FLAC, but I did not know about WAV or IMG.

Does the Dune understand a .cue file? Do you just select it and play it as you would an MP3 file?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts