Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
G'day new here.

I have just bought a SONY 1271QM. Now there is a slight crack in the green lamp, and it displays a blob image in the middle of the screen.

I have no idea how to get rid of it. The only thing I can think of is to get a new tube.

I cant calibrate the thing properly, and the blue lamp seems to be weaker than the rest of the colour.

Do you guys know where I can get a new tube from? (Australia) nad what would they be worth? Are they easy to install?

Thanks in advance.

Bretty

·
Registered
7,138 Posts
Definitely sounds like a cracked tube...

"Are they easy to install?"

If you have to ask, then I'd say no.

No offence, but replacing one is something best left for a technician who's familiar with working on CRT projectors - preferrably one that's the same model as yours.

There are lethal voltages in there that could easily kill you unless you know EXACTLY what you're doing.

After the tube's replaced, you'll need to spend quite some time redoing the astig/flare/focus/etc. Then usually a complete setup from scratch is preferable. Colour balance will most likely have to redone as well.

It's not like replacing a bulb in a digital projector where all you do is unscrew the burnt out one and replace it with a new one.

I'm only saying this because based on some of the terms you used, you most likely don't have much experience with CRT's. (They use 'tubes' - not 'lamps').

Kal

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.