AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for a new receiver, my current Sony is 5 years old and the display does not work. Here is what I am looking for:

1. At least 3 component ins, 1 out

2. At least 3 digital ins, preferably coaxial and also preferably not locked to a specific piece of equipment.

3. Something that can play mp3 off of my local network.

I figure one component for DVD, one for cable box and one for my Xbox, plus the coax to go with, plus I have a lot of music I could play off of my pc. I would love the Denon AVR-5805, however the $6000 dollar price tag is a bit much, its has I think everything you could need and room for growth…but just can’t handle the price.

http://www.usa.denon.com/catalog/pho...20Back.jpg&c=2

I was looking in the $1000, but a little over would not kill me. Is there anything out there now, or will be coming out in the next 6 months that would suite my needs. I know most receivers are going to some sort of network connectivity, just not sure if I can wait that long.

thank

·
Registered
6,779 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by nadiazipper
Looking for a new receiver, my current Sony is 5 years old and the display does not work. Here is what I am looking for:

1. At least 3 component ins, 1 out

2. At least 3 digital ins, preferably coaxial and also preferably not locked to a specific piece of equipment.

3. Something that can play mp3 off of my local network.

I figure one component for DVD, one for cable box and one for my Xbox, plus the coax to go with, plus I have a lot of music I could play off of my pc. I would love the Denon AVR-5805, however the $6000 dollar price tag is a bit much, its has I think everything you could need and room for growth…but just can’t handle the price.

http://www.usa.denon.com/catalog/pho...20Back.jpg&c=2

I was looking in the $1000, but a little over would not kill me. Is there anything out there now, or will be coming out in the next 6 months that would suite my needs. I know most receivers are going to some sort of network connectivity, just not sure if I can wait that long.

thank
If you like the Denon line, with the introduction of new units, the price of the 3805 has dropped well below $1,000. Do a forum search and it appears a number of people are satisfied with that receiver.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.