AVS Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay. To begin, i apologize in advance if this has already been addressed. Searched previous posts but couldn't find one that addressed this specifically.

I've a htpc with a blu-ray drive with a razer barracuda sound card and use Totalmedia Theatre 3 Platinum for Blu-Ray & HD-DVD viewing. At present i'm outputting (outputting!?!?) my audio digitally to my receiver (JVC RX-D402) so i know there's no way to get DTS-MA nor TRrue HD.

My receiver cannot decode the new Blu-ray audio formats (just dolby digital and dts).

My question: If i were to send my audio out via analog to my receiver, would TMT3 send the sound out decoded into DTS-MA or TRUE-HD, or do i need to buy a receiver that decodes these? (now that i re-read this maybe I should have left it in a Total Media Theatre forum instead---oops)

Thanks for any help you can offer (and excuse the ignorance of the question if need be)

-cj-

·
Premium Member
16,132 Posts
TMT3 can decodes TrueHD/DTS-HD MA to "multi channel PCM" signals and sends them to the sound playback device. If you use Razer Barracuda, it converts them to analog and sends them to your receiver. Another way is buy a graphics card having HDMI audio controller (Radeon HD 4xxx). The card receives multi channel PCM, interleaves them with video signals and sends video/audio to your receiver.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts