AVS Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I found a guy on craigslist selling a NEC LT280 for $170. He's got 3 of them from his failing business. One has 585 hours on it. IS that a decent starter projector? It has component in so i could use my cable box to watch HD i think. Or should i wait and buy an acer h5360 for $560? I know the obvious answer is yes, but price wise, what should i do?

BTW thanks to everyone who's been helping me get started on this project.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I guess he said he's got someone else coming over at 8:00PM to grab another one. The next lowest has 900 hours. SO i need to be over there before that guy. Should i get this for $170?

·
Registered
1,901 Posts
The LT280 is a good projector. As long as it is in good shape and doesn't have any burns in the polarizers, go for it. I'd want to see it working before I took it.

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
1024x768-this pj will never do more than that it will scale inputs to show on the 786,432 pixels it has to work with.you cant beat that price .I say go for it but you will want a hd pj soon probably.(its bright but contrast is terrible on this pj-600:1)

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I will hopefully be getting a 3d HD one in a year or two. Just got to show the wifey it's worth spending the money on first.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts