AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have the 55" mits and I read the sticker that was on it, it said not to watch the tv to long with the black or grey lines or it may burn them into the screen. How long do u actually have before they burn? Watching a movie for 2 hours in wide screen format, would that be too long? And i guess the black lines wouldn't burn as fast as the grey ones, lol.

------------------

MetalMarineE5_IWB

http://claniwb.cjb.net

·
Registered
787 Posts
trustno1.

Don't believe the hype.

1) if you are a normal human being, you would have lowered the contrast to less than 40%.(On my set it is set closer to 25%-35%)

2) The mits "slides" the 4:3 picture from side to side ever so slightly to spread the area that is painted by the crt's.

3) mixup the kind of sources your watch, full screen video games, dvd's, hd, etc.

I think with these 3 factors, Im pretty well protected. If Im not I guess I have to sell my mits 55 and just get that new sanyo projector... nuts to me.

Don't let anything get in the way of you enjoying your set. Its what you bought it for. Observe the above and let the chips fall where they may.

Hey you can get hit by a mack truck crossing the street 2morow. The last thing on your mind should be uneven wear on your rptv!

K

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.